Three

~*~

Lee Jeno,

Hey Blue Boy, I saw you in the dance room after school, you were really practicing hard. Please don't overwork yourself :( I don't want you to get sick or hurt. I also saw how you were stressing over Mr. Min's upcoming test, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll pass. You have amazing grades, you have nothing to stress or fear.

Stay safe, healthy, and happy~ I'll try and talk to you today~ as a hint to who I am

Signed, ºRed Boyº

Jeno smiles so wide that it reaches his eyes, turning them into crescents. The 'Red Boy' was going to try and talk to him today! The boy closes his locker and makes his way to his first period. He takes his seat next to Renjun and nudges his friend.

Renjun turns to him, scowling. "What?"

"Read the letter," Jeno whispers, clearly very happy.

The older gives him a weird look but takes the paper anyways. His eyes widen at the end. "He's gonna speak to you? Damn, that's progress."

"I know! Maybe now I'll actually find out who it is."

"Mr. Lee! Mr. Huang! No side conversations in my class, if you have something to say then say it to everyone!" Their teacher calls from the front of the classroom. The two boys instantly shut their mouths, and bow their heads as an apology.

It was break, and every Wednesday, breaks were filled with clubs. Which meant the dance club was meeting. Which meant Jeno would have to deal with a dancing Jaemin. Let's hope he survives.

"Alright guys, we can keep practicing 'Go', or we can just discuss the upcoming club expo. As you know, we have had a lot of new transfer students this year, which means new club members. So we need to work on a performance to show them how cool our club is. So what do you want to do?" Mark says as they all sit in a circle on the floor.

"I say we prepare for the performance, even if it is a couple of weeks away, we still want to make it perfect," Chenle states confidently.

"Ok, anyone apposes?" No one raises their hand. "Alright then, let's get planning."

The 7 boys spend the next 20 or so minutes thinking of a performance plan, which songs they should use, what their invitation speech will be, stuff like that. They decided to make little teams, each meant to conquer a certain task. Jisung and Mark were going to choose the choreos. Donghyuk, Chenle, and Renjun were going to do the speech. Which left Jaemin and Jeno to discuss which time slot they wanted.

Each club had a 20 minute time slot on stage to show off their club, and have people sign up to join.

"Do we want to do it earlier or later?" Jeno asks, looking at the schedule in front of him.

"Well, I'd say earlier, I mean...wouldn't it be better if we caught the new kid's attention early on so that they're more likely to notice us? But then again, we'd be tired and sweaty the rest of the day." Jaemin spins his pencil around his fingers, a habit he had started in middle school whenever he was deep in thought or nervous. Jeno hums in response.

Jaemin turns to the boy for a more direct answer, but Jeno is too lost in thought to notice. Jaemin sighs, disappointed in himself. He said that he would talk to the older today, but he's barely said anything at all. The pink haired boy frowns and spins the pencil faster. He knew that he had plenty of time today- that wasn't the problem, the problem was that he had no idea how to actually talk to the boy beside him. Sighing in defeat, Jaemin decided to just talk to Jeno later.

"What if we went like, 4th? If we went earlier, then they might actually forget about our performance, but if we went more in the middle, then it could leave a better impression on the transfers." Jeno says, looking to Jaemin.

Taken by surprise and shook from this thoughts, Jaemin stutters out a quick "O-ok, that w-works." Jeno gives him a weird look but nods anyways and turns to Mark.

Jaemin sighs and mentally face palms- he really was not thriving.

~*~

"What do you mean he's been speaking to you more?" Renjun looks to his best friend in confusion.

Jeno only smiles dreamily. "I mean, after clubs, he just kinda kept talking to me throughout the day. It was glorious. And oh my god, he was stuttering in dance club today and it was so adorable. How does he not have a girlfriend or boyfriend yet?"

"Stop being so dramatic Lee, he's being friendly. Like a normal human being."

"Yeah yeah, but he still took the time to talk to me." Jeno doesn't let his friend's cranky remark get in the way of his happy attitude.

Renjun sighs and drags his love-struck friend to their last period class.

~*~

"You guys go ahead without me, I have somewhere to be," Jeno says as he closes his locker, turning to smile at Renjun, Mark, and Donghyuk.

"And where would that be?" Donghyuk asks slowly. Jeno only smiles in response.

"I swear, if you're gonna go to that cafe then-" Renjun is quickly interrupted.

"Oh look at that. I gotta go now. Bye guys!" Jeno offers his famous crescent eye smiles and runs towards the exit.

Jeno runs to make sure he was out of his friend's sight before going towards- you guessed it! Moon Cakes.

Upon entering the cafe, Jeno can already tell that it was indeed popular for his school, as Mark had said. Most of the tables were filled with students in his grade or below- but all from his school. He sighs, now understanding how hard it would be to find his secret admirer.

"Hey! What can I get you?"

"A peach iced tea, please. Large." Jeno smiles warmly at the cashier who takes his order. He pays and goes to sit at a random table and begins to look around the small establishment. He sees a few recognizable faces, like Liu YangYang, the new transfer from Germany. There was also Wong Kunhang- but he immediately made everyone call him Hendery. Jeno also saw Xiao Dejun, but everyone called him Xiaojun for short. He saw Kim Yerim, Kim Yongson, and Park Dojoon- all of them were in his class so he was familiar with their names.

"Here's your drink." The same cashier from earlier smiles, putting down Jeno's glass on the table. The black haired male smiles and thanks the worker quietly.

Jeno's drink was almost finished and he still had no luck in figuring out if his secret admirer was here or not. Sighing and standing up to go home, Jeno stops when he feels a pair of eyes on him. He turns to his right and is met with the eyes of Na Jaemin from across the room.

The younger is startled by being caught and quickly looks back down at the paper in front of him. Jeno raises an eyebrow but smiles and exits the cafe. He practically skips home, happy from the day's events.

~*~

~*this was a bit longer than the others- but still pretty short. I wanted to make sure the Cafe scene played out in this chapter so yeah. Hope you're enjoying it*~