2022 New Year's Special

~*~

Lee Jeno,

Hey Blue Boy, it's been a few years since I've written one of these letters, huh? I know I know, high school was forever ago, but I thought that (since we've had a dumpster-fire of a year) I would do a throw back and write this. I just wanted to say that, despite being stuck inside with no one but Donghyuck as entertainment, I'm glad I was able to spend it with you. College has been crazy difficult, and there has been little room for a good stress-reliever, but knowing that I'm able to come home to your arms everyday makes me the happiest Red Boy ever.

I love you, and I can't wait to spend another year with you.

Signed, ºRed Boyº

Jeno laughed when he read the letter, his foot not even fully through the front door when he saw it balanced on the doorknob. He loved Jaemin, and his antics.

"Welcome home!" A voice called through the apartment, the flouncing red hair of Jeno's precious boyfriend running towards him at top speed. "And happy new year!" Jaemin kissed Jeno quickly, before pulling back and smiling. "Are you ready to throw 2021 away?"

Jeno smiled, his eyes folding into crescents as he took off his coat with a nod. "Of course I am."

"Good," Jaemin said, taking his boyfriend's bag and placing it on the kitchen counter. "Because we'll be doing it at Mark's apartment. They really weren't joking about the party, y'know."

Jeno sighed and sat at the kitchen table. "Yes, I assumed so. Renjun called me and said he'd been pulled into decorating. Poor guy probably didn't even get a chance to kiss his Yangyang goodbye." He laughed and leaned back into his chair, smiling when he felt a kiss on the top of his head. "How are you though? Bored without me?"

"Stupid, no. I had work today too, Taeil had me and Yuta running ragged as we pushed out cake after cake. Bakeries are very busy during the holidays, I will have you know Lee Jeno," Jaemin said, massaging Jeno's shoulders. "You should get ready though, we have to be at the apartment in about an hour and it's a 20 minute drive." He smiled, gave Jeno one final kiss, and went to the bedroom to find a proper outfit. Jeno looked after the man with a smile playing on his lips, his eyes holding nothing but love for his perfect boyfriend.

~*~

Jaemin held his glass high, cheering as the fireworks were set off and the entire apartment was screaming 'HAPPY NEW YEAR!' He chugged his champagne, and grabbed Jeno by the neck, giving him a passion-filled kiss, telling the older man all the things Jaemin was never able to say.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you–

"I love you, Lee Jeno. My beautiful Blue Boy."

"I love you too, Jaem. My ridiculous Red Boy."

~*~

~🐵: yeah it was short- so what? Worigrrufg anywho happy 2022 guys,, I LOVE YOU PLAYMATES!!!~