Chapter 58: Wants

"I... I..."

The maiden stuttered with tears in her eyes.

"I have to admit."

She held her handkerchief close to her eyes, dabbing the pearl-like tears away.

"I did admit to Brother Shen Yi that I would be willing to be his concubine."

Fairy Ruge smiled desolately as she looked towards those that were in attendance at Silver Wolf's Main Hall.

"Yes, he did promise me. But we have not been able to confirm our love before we were separated."

Again, her bawls filled the hall.

Everyone in the hall sighed.

How could they bear to go through this again?

Their eyes were full of pity.

But not for the beauty crying her hearts out... But for their fellow jianghu bethren who had to bear with the incessant wails.

They all glanced at Ruge's senior brother... who calmly looked away pretending that this was none of his business.

He was here as a representative for the sect when his junior sister had snuck along without his knowledge.

But he refuses to acknowledge that his junior sister is in front of him.

Out of sight, out of mind. And definitely... NOT his responsibility (again).

When the elders saw that the young master of the clan blatantly pretending this was not his issue, they felt like banging their heads.

It all started with a simple meeting between clan heads and/or their representatives.

Nobody had planned for this Fairy to appear, disrupting their peaceful chatter, with her delusions of being Sect Master Shen's concubine.

It really made one have a headache.

Especially when she was from the Starry Sky Sect!

(A/N: a reminder that Starry Sect is a sect that specialises in medicine)

Even I don't dare to mess with Starry Sky!

Everyone screamed in their head.

Once again they look at the nonchalant senior brother of this Fairy Ruge.

It has been an ungodly three hours of this Ruge crying and bawling and screaming the same thing.

It was all making things awkward but the young master from Starry Sky refuses to take responsibility blatantly.

Finally, their eyes landed on the veiled lady before them seated at the front.

"Sect Madam, as I was saying..." Hu Meng from the Black Bear said before again...

"SECT MADAM??? She is no Sect Madam!!!" Ruge screamed, once again causing a splitting headache in the esteemed guests present.

Even Su Chen was thinking that ignorance might not really be bliss.

Especially when the one causing such havoc owned a shrill voice.

"Young Master Chu. Please."

The senior brother seemed to stiffen yet he refuse to heed Su Chen's words.

"I promise."

Su Chen finally relented.

"A whole jar of dried eel sticks."