Chapter 50: Purge

A purge.... A purge!!!!!

Sun Rui threw everything he could.

Everything was swept away in a mad mix of chaos and destruction.

"WHO???!!"

He practically screamed the words.

"WHO ARE THE TRAITORS??!!!"

Another set of pottery crashed into the ground amidst the brushes made of horse hair lying down, surreptitiously trying to be ignored.

The hidden guards thought.... 'How unbecoming.'

Indeed. How unbecoming.

How unbecoming of the Crown Prince to lose his temper and temperament.

But whatever thoughts they might have were stifled as the Crown Prince rampaged through everything in his study.

After a long while, Sun Rui set himself down, grimly gritting his teeth as he breathed down heavily.

"Who are the traitors?" he now repeated his question calmly with barely surpressed anger.

The hidden guards kept their eyes down.

"It was Guard Chen... And..."

The cup in his hand shattered. Very well. The guards given by his Father-in-law. Dogs who do not know who to fear.

After a while, Sun Rui realised that the guard was quiet. Realisation dawn upon him.

"And... who?"

The hidden guard kept quiet as if he was uncomfortable.

"WHO???" Sun Rui spat out words through clenched teeth.

"And... Madam Su Li..."

Sun Rui spaced out a little as the guards rambled on on how the Madam had provided information to North Wind on the men and the plans Sun Rui had.

Even plans he had never actually said aloud before.

Sun Rui's eyes blanked out each and then darkened each second.

"Good. Good..."

Sun Rui laughed maniacally.

"If these people think that a Crown Prince can be reigned in... Then..."

Sun Rui smiled gently yet his eyes were malicious.

"What about an Emperor?"

I don't believe these people can hide forever from me.

--------------------

A/N: Sorry for missing out on the Friday upload! Will add on another chapter as a special treat :)!