His father wasn't always like this, Thomas once knew him as a loving, caring, teasing, and protective father.

The father knew now was different, but he couldn't hate his father, he tried, he really did but he really couldn't.

"Thomas!"

The said boy turned around to see Lucas and Farkle walking towards him, and by the look on Lucas' and Farkle's face he guessed that Lucas was the one who called him.

"Hey." Thomas greeted them a little confused.

"Hey, we were going to see a movie, you in?" Lucas asked him.

"What movie?" Thomas asked them, they shrugged, "so we'd go there with no idea what movie to watch and probably argue about which movie we should watch?"

"Seems about right." Farkle agreed.

"Okay." Thomas nodded.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

°°°°°°

The next day was career day, a day that Thomas dreaded. He had no parent to come and talk about their career, he had his father but he didn't even know if he was in the states plus he'd prefer it if his father stayed away from his school and his friends.

That wasn't necessarily the only reason why he dreaded today, he knew the sympathetic and pity looks would increase today.

He wasn't an idoit, he saw their looks and he heard their whispers, he knew that after he was sent to the hospital his classmates would find out but he was never prepared for that.

It took them also three days before someone finally put the pieces of the puzzles together. He thought that the rumours would stop once they knew, he was wrong.

The rumours grew, wondering what happened to his father, wondering if Thomas had anything to do with it, wondering if Thomas was the reason he's father turned out like that, wondering if Thomas deserved what happened, wondering if Thomas was just doing this for attention.

Thomas couldn't help but feel hurt each time he heard the rumours.

"Alright future history makers welcome to career day." Mr Matthews told his students, "now there are a lot of ways to make your mark on the world."

A woman entered the classroom, "hi Riley."

"Oh, great, Shakira's here." Riley commented.

Thomas' eyes trailed off to the parents in the corner of the classroom, a male cop talking to either a female nurse or maybe a surgeon. A business man behind them sitting down, he could be anything, a real estate agent, a lawyer, advertiser, or maybe something else.

Riley looked at Maya, "where's your mom?"

"She won't be coming." Maya informed her.

"But she told you she was coming." Riley reminded her.

"Yeah, she did." Maya responded.

"Okay guys, our first guest today is a lawyer, I likes her." Mr Matthews told his students before turning to his wife, "hey lawyer lady, how about we go out sometime? I get out work every at 3:15 except Tuesdays I got playground."