01.

Thomas González entered the subway, he's hand placed firmly on the strap of he's backpack

Thomas González entered the subway, he's hand placed firmly on the strap of he's backpack. He looked around for a spot to sit in, not feeling like standing as he can still feel the throbbing pain in he's left cheek.

He found a spot and didn't even bother to look at who was sitting next to it, he just sat down putting he's backpack on he's lap.

He felt curious gazes on him, but he just ignored it. He played with he's backpack strap anxiously, he's face a void of what he was feeling.

He showed no emotion not even when a blonde girl walked up to the boy next to him and started speaking before leaving.

But he let out a small snicker when a girl screamed than landed on the boy's lap, her legs on Thomas's lap. "Hi we were just talking about you." Thomas heard the girl say in a dreamy tone, "you used to got out with my friend Maya."

"I'm Lucas."

"I love it!" Lucas set her in the seat beside him than the girl noticed Thomas. "What's your name?" She asked, deciding not to ask about the bruised cheek.

Thomas looked surprised to hear her talk to him and felt more anxious now, "uh Thomas."

"Perhaps someone would like to give their seat to someone older." A lady said walking to them, Lucas went to stand up but she stopped him, "not you sweet potato pie."

The girl, Riley, stood up and leaned closer towards her, "please don't make my move. I just want to see where this goes."

"I just walked a twelve hour shift and I want to see where this goes, M'kay?" The lady told her.

"M'kay." Riley before walking back to her blonde haired friend, Maya. The lady sat down and took notice of Thomas' cheek, "what happened to your face?"

"I tripped and fell." Thomas lied, not wanting to say the same excuse always did for now. Another scream was heard and Riley fell into the lady's lap this time. She placed her on Lucas' lap, "it's for you."

Thomas wanted to asked her a question but stopped himself because it would lead into a conversation and he didn't want to have one right now.

°°°°°°

As soon as Thomas entered Mr Matthews class, the teacher sent him a concerned look but didn't say anything. Thomas transformed classes awhile ago, having to repeat last year's history class.

Mr Matthews watched as Thomas carefully sat down and took out he's books before he's daughter walked in from the back door with he's friend telling her, "You have to do the homework Maya. This teacher is insane, a total nutjob. I think there is something seriously wrong with him."

"Hi honey." Mr Matthews said as they stopped in front of him.

"Hi daddy." Riley greeted him, giving him an innocent smile.