06.

Thomas González was stuck in Art Class

Thomas González was stuck in Art Class. He didn't hate it, but he didn't like it that much either mostly because of one particular reason.

"Do you always draw Roses?" Thomas heard a curious voice ask.

"No, I occasionally draw eyes and skulls. They are the only ones I can actually draw." Thomas said then turned to look at his drawing, "what about you?"

"I'm not an artist, but this is my best work." The boy told him.

"That's a circle." Thomas pointed out.

"Exactly, it's a pretty good circle." Thomas chuckled. "I'm Milo."

"Thomas."

The art teacher, Mr Bradley, walked over and stopped to look at Milo's artwork.

"What do you think?" Milo asked looking at his teacher.

"Well, it's your best work yet." Mr Bradley told him.

Milo nodded, "yeah, I even colored it this time."

"Never change." Mr Bardley patted his shoulder than walked off.

Thomas looked at Milo confused, abandoning his painting, "aren't you new?"

"I've been in the same class with you for almost 2 years, you've just never noticed the people in your class, you barely pay attention to anything." Milo informed him, "but lately you have, its unusual." Thomas gave him a weird look. "Oh, I talk to everybody and notice everything."

"You'd be a great writer for the school newspaper, or a helper in it." Thomas told him.

"I am." Milo responded.

"Oh, what else don't I know?" Thomas groaned.

"Man, you are so out of the loop. I'll tell you everything next period." Milo promised.

"You do know we have to pay attention to class, right?" Thomas questioned.

"Yeah, but I don't understand Algebra." Milo told him.

"Its not that hard..."

"You're not human."

°°°°°°

Thomas walked out of his last class feeling slightly revealed and tired. Biology was a subject that always seemed to drain his energy and cause his mind to wonder.

He always had to spend extra time studying because he always got distracted and missed some important information, he had to go to the library, look up notes, videos of the lesson, the last result was asking a classmate or asking his teacher questions.

He remembered how his mom used to tease his father whenever they mentioned Biology. He hated that, he hated that he was similar to his father.

He hated the thought that one day he would turn out like his father, he didn't want to, he couldn't.