23

"Do you think she's running away right now?" Thomas asked looking at Milo who was sitting at the other side of the couch.

"Why would she?" Milo asked back.

Thomas shrugged, he wouldn't cancel that possibility, it's not like he was good with people and people always assumed stuff. He barley knew his parents and people assumed things about him all the time. And yes, he was assuming the worst.

They heard something that sounded like metal hitting metal and a shouted 'shit' at the same time a loud Pink song started blasting again.

__________

There were millions of reasons of why he shouldn't go through with this, each second another reason was appearing but he knew he'd still go through with this.

He waited a whole week (more but he wasn't counting) to be able to do this and giving up now would seem ridiculous, and all his hard work would be for nothing. He hated that.

But going through with it comes with consequences too, he could lose everything-well everything to him he didn't have much stuff.

The day before he was getting ready for this moment so when he'd wake up he wouldn't have to do anything to convince him to give up. It didn't work much, he woke up feeling like he had to do something when there was nothing to do except the most simplest stuff.

Thomas let out a yawn and picked up the bag he prepared the night before, leaving his keys on the table, he didn't get much sleep.

Thomas pulled up his phone at the same time he made it to the door, shutting his phone off and opened the door.

He swears he heard his own heart let out a scream.

"Fuck, Thomas next time warn me." Milo frowned putting a hand to his heart.

"You're supposed to be sleeping." Thomas said ignoring his fast beating heart, "school doesn't start for another hour."

"Yes but you told me we wouldn't be able to walk there together so I thought I'd walk you to the other school." Milo explained, forgetting the school name he was once in.

"Thats nice, but uh," Thomas ranked his brain for any excuse he would be able to use, "Mr Matthews decided we wouldn't have class today."

"You do know Mr Matthews you used to teach me right?" Milo questioned, "he wouldn't do that without giving an excuse."

"Its Auggie's birthday. I'm heading to their apartment right now."

"Auggie would be in school." Milo reminded him, "and I met Mrs Matthews, I don't think she'd let her child skip a school day."

"Okay I'm skipping Mr Matthews' class and school." Thomas told him the truth.

"Ah I'm so proud."

"Ah you already figured it out." Thomas responded tightening his hold on his bag.

"I did but I don't know why." Milo told him.

Should he tell him...? It would be nice to have someone with him but he's used to being alone, at least he used to.

"I'm going on a trip." Thomas told half the truth which was the truth. All he was doing was misholding some informations.