TVD: S2E33 - By the Light of the Moon

Start from the beginning

"Oh, come on, pouty. At least give me two points for ingenuity" Damon tells Elena.

"What's going on?" I ask them confused.

"Damon had Bonnie do a spell to trap you and I in the house" Elena tells me.

"You find this funny?" I ask Damon annoyed. I was hoping to talk to Tyler about baby names today. Guess that'll have to wait.

"Yes Alexis. I find hilarity in the lengths that I have to go to repeatedly save your sister's and your lives" he tells me.

"What does Stefan say about this?" Elena asks him.

"We had a good laugh" Damon tells her.

"And what did he say about Elijah still being alive?" she asks.

"What?!" I exclaim.

"Calm Lexis" Jer tells me and I take a deep breath. As Damon sits down next to Elena on the couch, putting his arm behind her head.

"Yeah, that...I didn't tell him" Damon tells Elena.

"Why not?" Elena and I ask him.

"Well A: he can't do anything about it; and B:...what I just said" Damon says smugly. Jeremy sits beside them. "Where's Bonnie?" Damon asks him.

"I thought she was meeting you" Jeremy says confused.

"No, she's on moonstone duty and I'm on doppelganger twin patrol" Damon tells him.

"And who's on Tyler Lockwood and the full moon?" Jeremy asks him. Oh I forgot tonight was a full moon. Poor Tyler.

"Vampire Barbie asked me if she could handle it, and I said, why not? Figured if she screwed up, he'll bite her and then I'll be rid of two of my problems" Damon states.

"Tonight's a full moon?" Elena asks shocked.

"Yep, but you were too absorbed with all your suicidal tendencies to notice" Damon tells her. He gets a call from Alaric and leaves the room. He soon hangs up and reenters the room. "Change of plans. You babysit" he tells Jeremy who lays down with his head on Elena's lap. "Hey you know, you should get out, enjoy the sun. Oh wait, you can't" Damon teases.

I throw a pillow at him as Jeremy chuckles. Elena pushes him off of her and he rolls onto the floor. Damon left and I say beside Elena on the couch. "So you and Tyler?" she asks me.

"It was a one time thing" I grumble.

"Yeah, that got you pregnant with a werewolf baby" Jeremy states.

"A baby with the werewolf gene" I correct him. "Since we're stuck here, did you want to hear my baby name ideas?" I ask them.

"Sure" they agree.

"I was thinking Adrian for a boy or Adrianna for a girl" I tell them.

"Adrianna is a beautiful name" Elena tells me smiling.

"I think Jeremy is a better name for a boy" Jeremy states and we roll our eyes at him.

"Lets go look at baby nursery ideas" Elena tells me. I agree and we go to her room while Jeremy goes to his. "So how do you feel about being a mum?" she asks me.

"Nervous, but I'm also a little excited" I tell her. We research for the next hour until we hear Jenna. Elena goes to see what she's doing as I continue to research nursery ideas. I soon hear Elena reenter the room. "Hey Elena, what do you think of a forest themed nursery?" I ask not looking at her.

"Not a good time Alexis" she tells me and I frown.

"Why?" I ask turning to face her and see Elijah beside her. I stand quickly backing away from him. "What are you doing here? Who invited you in? Get out!" I shout.

Elena rushes over to me and hugs me. "Alexis, calm down think of the baby" she whispers, though Elijah can hear. I hug her closing my eyes as I take deep calming breathes. Stress isn't good for my baby.

"Forgive the intrusion. I mean your family no harm" Elijah tells me.

"Then why are you here?" I demand.

"I thought it time the three of us had a little chat" he states.

"Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?" Elena asks him.

"Because I didn't want you or your sister to be taken. Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that two doppelgängers exist, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take you both to him and I can't have that" he explains.

"Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?" we ask him.

"Let's just say that my goal is not to break the curse" Elijah tells us. "If I meant you and your family harm. They would be dead and I'd be taking you both to Klaus right now. Instead, I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you both a deal" he explains.

"What kind of deal?" Elena asks him.

"Do nothing. Do nothing, live your lives, stop fighting and then, when the time is right. Elena and I shall draw out Klaus together. I shall make sure Alexis, her child, and your friends remain unharmed" he states. He didn't say anything about keeping Elena safe.

"And then what?" we ask him.

"Then I kill him" Elijah answers. "I'm a man of my word Alexis, Elena. I make a deal, I keep a deal" he tells us.

"Elena?" I ask looking at my older twin sister. I don't want to lose her, but if it protects everyone else and my baby. I guess I'll have to let her go.

"How are you gonna be able to keep everybody safe?" Elena asks Elijah a little unsure.

"I notice you have a friend; Bonnie, is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends with similar gifts" Elijah tells her.

"You know witches?" I ask him surprised. Then again he is a thousand years old.

"Together, we can protect everybody that matters to you both, yourself and the future baby. So, do we have a deal?" he asks us. I look at Elena, it's her call.

"I need you to do one more thing for me" she tells him. She asks him to have Stefan freed from the tomb. He agreed and left to see it done. I decide to go to bed and leave Elena to wait for Stefan alone.

A/N

Gif above of Jules and picture on the external link of Jonas Martin.