TVD: S1E4 - Family Ties

Alexis' POV

Elena and I are heading towards the kitchen when we hear the telly on. As well as aunt Jenna saying "scum ball, scum bucket".

"Who you talking to?" we asks her.

"Him" she states pointing to the news guy on telly.

"The news guy?" Elena asks.

"Also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Jenna states.

"No way? you and him?" Elena asks.

"He's cute" I say looking at him.

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him. What are you doing with that?" she asks Elena. Changing the subject.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box" Elena states.

"Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display" I explain.

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asks picking it up.

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring" Elena states. Jeremy appears and picks up dad's old watch.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?" he asks.

"You're not going to find out" I state taking back the watch and putting it in the box.

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away" he states.

"We're not giving it away" Elena assures him.

"It's called a loan Jer and I'm loaning them my bracelet too" I state. The doorbell goes and Elena goes to answer it. I fiddle with my mother's old bracelet, it'd been passed on mother to daughter in the Gilbert family for generations. She was going to give it to Elena as she's the oldest. But she gave it to me instead. I sigh and take it off, placing it in the basket.

I then go to the grill where I meet up with Bonnie and Caroline. "You're taking Damon to the founder's party?" I ask Caroline confused.

"What about me?" Bonnie asks.

"Go with Elena and Alexis" Caroline tells her.

"Elena is going with Stefan" I tell her.

"Then you two, just go together" she states.

"Gee, thanks" Bonnie says.

"What about your mom? Is she okay with you bringing Damon?" I ask Caroline.

"I'm suppose to care why?" she asks bored.

"He's older sexy danger guy" Bonnie states.

"Older sexy danger guy? Is that an official witch twitter tweet?" Caroline asks.

"No more witch jokes, okay? That whole Mr. Tanner prediction thing has me freaked" Bonnie states. Bonnie kept seeing three numbers and they were all at the scene of Mr Tanner's death. Creepy.

"Okay. And Damon's not dangerous. You know, he just has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-rooted drama" Caroline states.

"Like?" I ask curious. If there's an issue, it could effect Elena.

"I'm not really supposed to say anything" Caroline tells us.

"Caroline Forbes, when have you ever kept a secret in your life?" Bonnie asks.

"Okay, but you can't tell Elena" Caroline tells us.

"No" Bonnie agrees.

"I'll decide if my older sister needs to know this or not" I tell them. Caroline tells us about Katherine, Damon and Stefan's history, or at least Damon's version. "Well Elena's not Katherine, so there's no issue. I need to go get ready for the party" I state.