TVD: S1E1- Pilot

Alexis' POV

Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be. My twin will smile, and it will be believable. Her smile will say: "I'm fine, thank you." "Yes, I feel much better." She will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. She will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way we'll make it through.

Who am I kidding, she'll never change and that's what I love about my sister. But I wish she'd move on from our parents deaths. Who knows, maybe she'll find a new boyfriend. At least it'd distract Caroline from my none existent love life. Anyway, gotta go. Time to go start a new school year. Wish us luck

I sigh shutting my diary and lock it. I put it in my bad with my pen, before heading downstairs into the kitchen. Jeremy joins me as I reach the bottom of the stairs. "It's all about the coffee, aunt Jenna" we hear Elena say.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy and I ask as we enter the kitchen. He steals Elena's mugs while I pour myself and her a coffee.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Aunt Jenna asks holding out a few notes.

"I'm good" Elena and I tell her. But of course Jeremy, takes the money. I roll my eyes, typical.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Aunt Jenna asks us.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" I ask her confused.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" she says looking at her watch.

"Then go. We'll be fine" Elena assures her. Aunt Jenna smiles and leaves.

"You ok?" I ask Jeremy.

"Don't start" he says and leaves.

"Baby brothers" I grumble and Elena smiles. A car horn goes off. "That's Bonnie" I say smiling.

"I call shotgun!" Elena shouts running out the door.

"No fair!" I shout as I lock the door and run over. I hop into the back seat and buckle up. "Thanks for the ride Bonnie" I say smiling.

"It's no problem" she tells me smiling.

"How was your summer?" I ask her.

"So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands..." she explains.

"Elena! Back in the car" I say to my twin, who had spaced out.

"I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling us that?" Elena asks.

"That, I'm psychic now" Bonnie states smiling.

"Right. Okay, then predict something" I tell her.

"About me" Elena adds.

"I see" Bonnie starts to say and is cut off by a crow hitting the car. She swerves and breaks suddenly as I grab a hold of the front seats. Elena holds the dashboard. "What was that?! Oh, my god! Elena, are you okay?" she asks.

"It's okay, I'm fine" she assures Bonnie.

"It was a bird or something, it came out of nowhere" I tell them. I look around and see a crow on a road sign.

"Really, I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life" Elena tells us.

"I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you are going to be beyond happy" Bonnie tells Elena smiling. "And that you'll finally get a boyfriend Alexis" she adds and I laugh.