Ohm Zone

Ryan sat peacefully in his studio, being the only one there he just sat on a yoga mat and listened to whatever he wanted, it didn't have to be generic relaxing music. He was totally focused on his thoughts when his phone ringing made him jump and lose focus, he grabbed his phone and answered without checking who was calling.

"H-Hello?" Ryan said standing up and brushing off the back of his pants, he cleared his throat and stepped to his front door locking it for the day.

"Hey Ryan! I just wanted to see how the first class or lesson went, I want to just make sure Luke behaved himself... He's not a fan of all this meditation stuff." Jonathan said, Ryan pulled on the glass door making sure it was locked, after making sure it wasn't open he started to make his way upstairs after turning off the studio lights. 

"Did he tell you he came?" Ryan asked, his heart feigned with sadness that his only supposed customer didn't show up, maybe it was his fault. Jonathan hummed in agreement over the phone and Ryan sighed heavily rubbing his temple with his fingers.

"Jon, he never showed up, I was open and waiting all day but he just never showed up." Ryan said with a heavy heart, you could hear Jon's anger through the phone as he made unintelligible sounds of anger and frustration. Ryan put the phone on speaker and put it on his kitchen counted pulling out some food to make for dinner, as Jon mumbled to himself.

"Ryan I'm so sorry- Luke's just... I can not believe him, I will talk to him don't you worry-"

CRASH, Ryan put the can of peas he was holding down on the counter and raced to his window leaving Jon talking to himself, he saw kids running away from his shop as others stared down at his store front with horror, Ryan scrambled to his phone and interrupted Jonathan.

"It's fine Jonny, I just I have to go right now, I will text you or you text me whatever, let me know if he's coming bye!-" Ryan hung up and raced down his wooden stairs as fast as he could, being cautions he didn't slip and fall. He turned his head in horror when he saw his store front's giant glass window shattered in one spot, a perfect round hole in the glass and a rock on his floor with paper taped to it, he watched as people walked past not even caring to call the police or anything. He walked down careful of the glass and picked up the stone and read the paper.

go fuck yourself gay hippie

Ryan sighed heavily and ripped the paper off of the rock and threw it out, this wasn't the first time something like this had happened to his store, but it's never been this bad. Ryan swept up the glass slowly, upset that nobody did anything to help, that kids would do this in general, what happened to an accepting world? He threw the glass out and made sure there was none left by vacuuming the wood tiles and carpet near the door, he grabbed a piece of cardboard from a box and duct taped it to the glass to cover the hole. 

He grabbed his phone when he was done and called a repair service, making an appointment in a few days since he was strapped for cash at the moment and would need a few days to get enough for the repair.  He stood and stared at the messy window, the ugly store front that would surely turn new customers away, he sighed and had to stop himself from crying right then and there. He walked outside and started cleaning up the little glass that was outside to make sure he wasn't stuck in some lawsuit for injuries. Ryan slumped down on the sidewalk he held his head in his hands and forced the tears to stay in his head, when someone passing by tapped his shoulder, Ryan jumped and looked up, it was some lady in a nice white coat and leather boots.

"H-hello?" Ryan asked staring at her blue eyes, she giggled and held out a 20$ bill, Ryan looked at it and back at her, he quickly jumped up and she backed up confused.

"Lady, I am not homeless! I live here, here this is my store!" Ryan pointed to the window with cardboard over it, she pulled the 20$ back into her pocket and scoffed before walking away, Ryan kept trying to argue but she was already gone. He felt so helpless so upset he wanted to just smash the window down himself, finish the stupid job. 

---

 "So he's coming?" Ryan asked over the phone, Jonathan agreed over the phone and explained why he never showed up.

"Luke said he wanted to go, but he's just not a very open or vulnerable person you know, he's a very... 'bricked myself in' type of person, always has been, since high school." Jonathan said, Ryan hummed stirring his pot of soup, testing it and making sure it tasted alright. 

"So yeah, I'm actually going to be dropping him off next class, which I think is tomorrow if I'm not mistaken, and you can tell him to cut the discount for being such an asshole about this, and tell him I made you do it so he doesn't like kill you I don't know." Jon said, Ryan laughed and took his pot off the heat of his stove and pulling out a spoon and bowl for himself, he put his phone down on speaker and poured soup into the bowl slowly.

"He can still have a discount, I'm not that mean." Ryan said putting the pot down in his sink and taking his bowl and phone over to his couch and side table.

"Yeah but I am, Ry, trust me he deserves it. Plus I know how hard you work so you deserve the cash, Luke isn't exactly poor y'know?" Jonathan said getting himself a snack from his fridge, Ryan hummed in response blowing on his soup before eating it.

"Well, I'll let you go back to your work and such, getting prepared to drag Luke here, I know that's going to be very tough." Ryan said making Jonathan laugh over the phone, he replied with his own goodbyes and Ryan hung up, he placed his phone down on the couch beside him and stared down at his soup bowl , he carried it quickly over to the side table beside his bean bag chair, he stared down at the floor where he had half a puzzle done.

Tomorrow was going to be fun.