Chapter seventeen - I want to be good

Aiden's P.O.V
"Who's that pretty girl?" My grandma snarls
"She's a....friend" I say in fear backing into a wall
"Hesitant are we?" She chuckles and rips a piece of bread out of her breadstick fiercely.
"N-no"
"Poor Aiden. I know your past. Don't act like I don't know that you have been blackmailing that girl for years now and your coming back to get her" she smiles evilly
"N-ya" I agree with Grandma yet it's not true. I want to earn Astrid the proper way, and my first instinct when I first tried to ask her out was threatening her. It came out of me and then it grew on me. I was bold, fierce, and demanding. I needed to be loved, no one in my family ever cares about me and she was the only person who made me feel loved. Once my dad found out I was dating her, he didn't know that I was blackmailing her and he blackmailed me to blackmail her yet again to have kids because he was blackmailed to give me away. She ended up having abortions every time and I couldn't let her be hurt like that. I tried to tell my dad, but he was already furious at me and he tried to sell me away, but then the guy who black mailed him got caught with some other crime and the guy told about my dad and all the crimes he has done.

He's blackmailed, he's been pretending to be a cop, he is a thief. I've never been loved as all my dad wanted of my mom was me. To help his missions and even Grandma has grown his bad habits of a criminal. He's killed half my family and I just wanted to be loved. Astrid never understands, but I get it. I've guilty, as the rest of my living family is. It's to save our guts from my dad.

"Did you here me boy?! Dinner is ready!" Grandma screams from the kitchen as I find my finger nails digging into my wrists resulting them to bleed.

"Coming Grandma" I make out and wash my hands up. Walking into the kitchen, fists clenched to hide my hands, I sit at the table to a round of leftover spaghetti noodles, like the rest of the week has been.

"Now boy, you have inherited your fathers reputation and he wanted to give you something" she says "come up to my room after dinner is done"

"Yes Grandma" I bow my head and make sure not to get scolded by slurping my noodles. After dinner I follow Grandma through the halfway lit corridor and into grandmas room. Her room is full black with swords, guns and animal heads all over her room. She walks over to her wardrobe and I cautiously move inch by inch into her room. She pulls out a long slender gold case. She hands it over to me and she notices my hands.
"Boy, what are you having them panic attacks about?" She still hands over the case.
I stay in silence just holding the case
"Just open it"she snarls
I lift open the hatches and it reveals a long sword.
"Your father bought this years ago to kill your mother"
"I want to be good" I whisper under my breath bowing my head
"Speak up boy, no need for mumbling"
"I said I want to be good! I want to love for the sake of loving, I want to live for the sake of living! I want to be free! I want to be normal, trustworthy!" I scream and head out her room throwing the case along with the sword to the ground. I run through the corridor not caring about the swords on the wall, but just to escape. Escape the world, escape everything and everyone. Except Astrid. She is my one chance. I want her, yet i blew my chances.

Dashing out the front door the cold wind blows through my t shirt and freezes my feet wrapped in black socks.

"Son! Son! Your father is going to kill you!" Grandma screams after me then screams once her foot steps on the cold icy porch falling on her ass. I seriously don't care a bit right now.

I continue on into the bush and I have one destination in mind. Astrid's house.
___________________________
Heyo!
Major plot twist I didn't have a clue was going to happen! I hope you liked it and now you can see the reasons behind the blackmail.
Please Vote comment and share!
I hope to see you next time!
-Gabrielle