Chapter five - The Arcade Incident

Astrid's P.O.V

We finished the tour and now both of our families are in their basement. The basement has a flat screen tv with three matching maroon couches. A woven basket of blankets in the corner, a bar, an air hockey table, a pool table, a guest room, a Small arcade in another room and a dining table.

It is a really nice basement to host a party and it would be really cool and the whole school would make them popular in two seconds flat.

I haven't said a word to anyone other then introducing myself. Everyone else is lost in thought or chatting away. Summer is gaping over Chance while Chance and Jake are chatting. Winter and Autumn are playing with the air hockey table and my parents are in conversation with their parents. I keep hearing my name here and there, but I've learned to ignore it over my life. My parents talk about me a lot. Talking about me and Chance is like the only thing they can start a conversation with.

".. Then Astrid chased.."

"..in grade 2 Chance was.."

"Astrid" this time it wasn't my parents. It was more masculine but young but wasn't Chance" that's your name right?"

I look up. Jake is looking at me. He has sky blue eyes and blond hair with brown highlights and to tell you the truth, he is kinda cute, but no need to get my hopes up, 'cause it'll never work out. Relationships never work out. I've been rejected 1 to many times that I know everyone hates me, but then I just moved, so I can start a new life here. I can forget my crappy life where I used to live, and start a better life here.

I can try to be less annoying and maybe get in a good relationship. Not just asking every boy I meet. I've got steps in this new life for relationships.
1.Talk to them
2. Become friends with them
3. Play some rounds of truth or dare or just get to know them
4. Invite them over
5. Admit your feelings
6. Ask them for a date
7. Ask if they want to be in the relationship
8. Happ-

"Astrid.. can you talk?"
I just realized I was zoned out for a while just staring in his eyes.
"Yeah why?"

"I, uh , just wanted to know if you wanted to come into the arcade with us"

"Sure"

Chance gets up with Summer right on his heels. Then Jake and I get up. We go across the room , down the hall, and to the last left door with a sign that says Arcade in neon lights.

I enter it. There is PAC MAN, Some shooting games, a dance game, and some car games.

"This is so cool!" I scream running over to the dancing game

"Thanks" Jake mutters

"How'd ya get all this?" I say looking around the awesome room

"My Dad helps with the company who makes arcade games and each Christmas, he brought home one of them since we were babies."

"And your.. s-"

"Seventeen. My triplet sisters are sixteen"

"Triplets?!" I yell

Chance just chuckles.

"You knew?"

"Ya, I actually talk to people, not dream about boys" Chance rolls his eyes

"I already told you, I don't dream about boys!"

"Looked like you kinda were when you were staring into Jakes eyes for 5 minutes" Chance says.