Chapter fourteen - The tour

Astrid's P.O.V
Classes are done until after break, and finally I'm getting a tour. With Aiden, and Jake.  I push my way through the sweaty overwhelming crowds into the lobby. Everyone is heading into the cafeteria while I'm heading down the stairs in the opposite direction. I see Jake trying to stay on his feet in the overcrowded lobby. I quickly rush over almost dying from a stampede of hungry high schoolers.

"Can't we get food first?" I whine as I reach Jake.

"Fine, but your eating as I give you the tour. We have to find the other kid first" Jake says"what's his name again?"

"Aiden" I snarl between gritted teeth.

"And why do you seem so mad at him? Did he do something to you?"

"He did more then something" I spit and find Aiden in the crowd and my face drops. He already found another victim. Becky. I have to save her.

"Hey, Astrid" Becky smiles beside Aiden
Aiden looks at me with no guilt on his face, yet no innocence.
"Hey Astrid" Aiden repeats Becky.
"Hey Becky" I say and snarl as I greet Aiden" hey Aiden"
"Seriously, what is your problem with him?!" Becky suddenly screams out of nowhere as the few kids in the hall look our way.
"We have a past" I firmly state as Aiden's eyes look innocent for once.
"Uh, can we talk?" Aiden suggests before the situation gets worse.
"Yes, we can" I try to say kindly, but with my past in mind it turns into a snarl.
"Okay" Aiden gently grabs my arm and pulls me into another empty hallway.
" Why are you acting all innocent? Your not innocent!I've got around three abortions, without my parents knowing! I've been having hide everything! All the damage you did to my body! Why did you even have to come into my fresh life, the life where I'm wanted. I'm free, for once?!"
"Astrid-"
"Don't you interrupt me! You, you are a devil. A pure devil! You don't deserve Becky! You won't get her and I will make sure of that!"
I let it all out as anger overtakes me. My hands clenched in fist and my teeth gritted. I expect a slap in the face from Aiden, but instead get a different response.
"I know, I don't deserve anything. What I did was awful. That's what I came to tell you, your the closest person to me and I need to just let everything go, I don't care if you listen or not, but can I just talk to you like we're friends? Or even just classmates? Can i restart? Please! I'm an awful person for doing everything"

I grunt and just rush off in no response.
"Can I have the tour now?" I question Jake once I get over to them. I find them in a death stare contest. They're lips pressed into a frown, brows pointed down.  Becky blinks and Jake starts cheering for himself.
" did you see that Astrid?! I did it! Your my lucky charm!" Aiden comes around the corner and tries to tap me. I feel his fingers hovering over my shoulder and shout
"23 19!"
Aiden looks at me confused.
"What the hell is that from?!" Jake screams at me in confusion.
"Monsters inc. duh!!"
"Never watched. Never will" jake states crossing his arms over his chest.
"You will. This weekend"
"Nope!"
"Can I have the tour?" Aiden pipes up.
"Yup" Jake turns to Aiden."let's start"
He turns into the hall where Aiden brought me to talk. He walks to the end and gestures
"Science"
" math"
"Cooking"

As Jake shows us around the school, I feel something slip into my hand. I look down to find Aiden's hand slipped into mine. Whenever I ever held his hand he would've put a tight grip, hard pressure, but this time his hand is loosely wrapped and is surprisingly soft. I immediately pull away and I try to focus on knowing the school better until Aiden whispers
"I'm truly sorry Astrid"
It's totally not like Aiden to apologize. This is the millionth time he's asked for an apology and it's actually kinda weirding me out, but I will NEVER take his apology. I try to ignore and shake it off but his words are taunting me.
Going around the school,he basically just reads off the sign written in each of the doors like a can't read. It took only around 5 minutes, since Jake is the worst at giving any info about school, but that gives me more time to eat. We arrive at the cafeteria. It's packed with chatting kids, with no table in sight. Some even using the garbage as tables. I spot Chance. Summer is forcibly making him hang out with her friends. They look what our old school calls 'the barbies'. They all have blonde hair, blue eyes and the most tightest clothes you can buy.
"Those girls look like 'the barbies'" Aiden whispers reading my mind.
"Yah" I say in response. I'm still mad at him, but it would be rude to not say anything.
"Hey, Chance is going for one of them?"
"Forced" I say and lean in"like I was"
"I said I'm sorry, if you want explanation, tell me and we can talk"
"Not now. Life is already hard" I say as we turn towards the counter. I pick up a sloppy piece of cheese pizza and a coke from the machine. Total comes to 6.32.
"Let's eat in the hall" Jake says and we walk back out, leaving Aiden and Becky at the vending machines. Jake starts dashing towards the other end of the school and I follow him. He chose a hidden hallway made of one back door, to the library. Jake says no one ever uses it, and this is usually where he spends his lunch anyways. He always feels excluded in his 'friend' group. He's pretty open.
"So, uh, what's up with you and Avery, or whatever his name was?"
I feel like it would be kind of rude, if he opened up to me, but leave him dead ended about anything about my life, but I still put my wall up. Fiercely.
"What is your problem with knowing everything about me?! I just met you yesterday and you expect me to open up to you?! That's not how it works buddy!" I pick myself up and head down who knows where, to find myself staring out into the winter sky filled with clouds. The winter air filling my lungs, with a nice cool breeze.
"Astrid.. I'm sorry. I just, thought it wasn't that bad" Jake says inching closer to me.
"Aiden has always been a problem in my life. Do I really want him in my life? No, no I don't. Why, you ask? Because he blackmailed me. He's a spoiled bitch, who raped me!" I scream and run off again. I don't know what's up with me running everywhere I can, but I guess that's just my anger relief. The warning bell rings and I scream once again. Why does my life hate me?
___________________________
Heyo! Sorry, more of a longer chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it!
Please vote, comment, and share, if you liked it. Hope to see you next time!
-Gabrielle