Chapter sixteen- Crazy Grandma

Me, I'm a nice person and I can't bear to see people crying even if they are my enemy.
"Are you okay?" I crawl over to beside Aiden
"I- I just want t-to restart. I've b-been a horrible person. I want to restart, a-and I just feel so guilty" Aiden says, tears streaming down his face looking up at me.
I run over to my bookshelf and I grab my box of Kleenex for him. He quickly blows his nose and just stays silent for a minute.
"I'm just so sorry Astrid"
I have no clue what to say to that.
"I was a bad person, I was spoiled, didn't realize I was doing it. I was stupid. Still am. Just this past month, my dad got in a divorce and now I'm living with my grandma. I just am so sorry Astrid. Please can we restart?" His tears are running like waterfall now staining his face.
"I.." I seriously can't say yes, but can't say no "I don't know"
Aiden's ringtone goes off. He takes his phone out, tears falling on the screen.
He looks at his phone and just gets up, grabs his stuff and walks out of my room. I decide to follow him and he notices.
"I have to go, my grandma is expecting me"
"Do you need a ride?" I say and curse myself mentally. I asked if he needed a ride.
"Sure,thanks" Aiden just thanked me! This isn't the Aiden I know, this Aiden's turning soft, while the other Aiden was bold and always had something to say. It's kind of weirding me out, believe or not.
"Let's get you fixed up first" I say pulling him into the bathroom. I grab a facecloth and dab his cheeks from the tear stains.
"It's fine Astrid" he chuckles grabbing the cloth from my hands and dabbing his cheeks.
"Yeah.." I quietly whisper as he finishes up.
"Okay, c'mon"
I grab my mom's keys from her room and We head downstairs.
"Mom, I'm just driving Aiden home!" I scream cheerfully into the kitchen. Why the hell am I so cheerful?!

"Okay sweetie!" She sing-song screams from the kitchen. Whenever my mom is cooking, she usually ends up singing.
"Why are you so cheerful?" Aiden asks as we walk into the crispy air as the snow swirls around us.
"Um, because your going home" I grumble an excuse.
"Oh" he's says kinda sad.
We climb into my mom's truck and I turn on the radio loud enough, that he won't talk.
I drive off and it takes 5 minutes to get to the main road. I have to turn the volume down now.
"So, where abouts?"
"You can just stop me off here" he says a bit ashamed
"No" I state and repeat"where is your house?"
"That one up there" he points around a kilometre away at a small brick house.
"I won't make you walk that far" I say and drive towards the house. I park the car I front of a tiny tiny brick house.i mean tiny. It is full brick with one window. Outside the house, there is a short plump lady waving a water bottle. Her face definitely similar to Aiden's.
"That took you long enough!!" She screams
"G-ma! It only took 10 minutes!" Aiden whines
"C'mere son!"
Aiden looks back my way with a sad look on his face. He slugs his way over to his grandma and she smacks him on the butt.
"Ow!" He screams and his grandma trudges her way through the snow and up to the window. I unroll the window.
"Why hello pretty lady.." she starts "what's your name?"
"Astrid. Astrid Samuels" I say trying to keep my fear out of my voice.
"Well, thank you for driving Aiden home" she says nicely, then turns into a piercing voice to definitely be scared of " next time be quicker!" She then turns around towards Aiden. Aiden just staring at me as I drive away.
Now I can see where Aiden got it from. I actually kind of feel bad for him.
There's something about him now that is so different. Driving, I'm dazed in thought about just everything. The truck swerves and spins into the ditch. Luckily I'm not hurt, I'm not dead. I get out of the truck and call up my mom, but before she picks up, Will comes out of his house and rushes over to me.
"What happened? I just heard a BOOM" he says gesturing in a 'BOOM' sort of way.
"Ice" is all I say and hang up on Mom. He runs back in his house and comes back out with his dad.
"We can fix it!" He says with a grin on his face.
"Thanks" I say as they go to the truck to overlook it.
___________________________
Heyo!
This is a shorter chapter, but I hope you still enjoyed reading it!
Isn't Aiden's grandma harsh? Do you think Aiden deserves that punishment?
Please vote, comment, and share, and I'll see you next time!
-Gabrielle