"Son of a bitch," She comments, "Do you have enough money?"

"Nope, how about you? Does your sister have money?"
"No, we're just as broke."

Benny sighed, with his arms crossed, "And I thought today was gonna be a long one."

"Welp, think positive. You won't see anyone of our ugly mugs," Jordan chuckled to her joke.

Despite what she thought, Benny didn't mind her face. He actually found her quite pretty... really pretty. But of course, not seeing Jordan wasn't the only reason why he was mad about the home run.

"No!" Everyone hears Squints dragged out his shout.

The Sandlot kids all looked to see Smalls climbing up the fence, the only thing that protected them from their biggest fear.

Everybody ran as quick as they could to the boy. They were in such a rush to get to him, Benny and Jordan outran them all.
All the kids pleaded and called out to Scotty, as everyone grabbed a hold on the boy, pulling him away from the fence.

"Get off of me! Now!" Smalls screams to him, as Bertram and Benny put the boy down to the ground.

"You're gonna get yourself killed!"
"Killed, man, jeez!"
Watts and Rodriguez exclaim to the boy.

Ham breathed heavily, trying to catch his breath, just like everyone else. "Holy crap, you could've been killed."

"Yeah yeah, truly. What are you doing?" Yeah-Yeah asked.

"You guys were leaving, s-so I just thought I'd hop——" Smalls tried to explain.

Squints interrupts, "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that."

"You can't go back there, Smalls," Jordan tells him.

"Then how do we get the ball back?" Scotty asked.

"We don't," Timmy answered.
"We don't," Tommy copied.
"It's history."
"It's history."
"Kiss it good-bye."
"Kiss it——"
"Shut up, Tommy."

Bertram told him, straightforward, "It's gone, man. Gone."

"Game's over, man," Benny breaks it to him, "We'll just get another ball tomorrow. We'll never see it again."

Smalls looked over at Jordan, who looked very uncomfortable, looking straight at the fence and rubbing her left arm.

Benny wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder, pulling her away, as all the Sandlot boys began to walk away from the fence and go home.

"Why not?"

All the kids turned back to Scotty, looked at each other, ready to finally tell him.

"The Beast," They all state.

"What is that?"

Benny was the only one who got in front of the Scotty boy, to tell him what to do.

"Smalls, listen to me. Go to that fence... real slow, and be quiet."
"But... I-I think——"