Seventy Four

Noel

January 16

I sat in the conference room of the courthouse beside Kentrell, across from Kaniyah as we waited for the man to finish all of the paperwork he was currently working on at the end of the table. Kaniyah stared me down but I payed her no attention. I just wanted to get out of here but I wanted to support Kentrell most

"I gotta headache" I sighed and Kentrell looked at me

"What wrong?"

I shook my head, looking over at kaniyah again. Her eyes focused on Kentrell. When it came to me dealing with Kentrell's ex's it was like a video game. Each time I shut one down I gotta go through another level of a pressed bitch and each time gets worse. And kaniyah has to be the final one because she takes the cake for all of them.

"Okay" the lawyer spoke up "After calculating all of both of your finances and totaling everything. Mr Gaulden you will be paying a total of 678 a month. How does that sound to you?"

After hearing what the lawyer said, Kentrell's eyes shot over to kaniyah. She wore a satisfied grin on her face, meanwhile I could tell Kentrell would kill her if he had the chance to. I just deeply sighed, looking over at Kentrell

"Hell no mane"

"No?" Kaniyah questioned

"Kentrell..."

He shook his head "I ain bout to pay that bitch damn near 700 dollars so she can blow it on herself"

"Blow it on myself? Kentrell are you serious?" Kaniyah sat up in her chair a little "I've been taking care of Karter on my own for the past 5 YEARS. Five. Trust me, I DONT need your money. But ain't no way in hell ima sit here and continue to take care of a child by myself that you had a part in making. Yet you can sit around and play father of the year to your other kids"

"Difference is, he KNEW about Kemoni and Nasir. You actin like he just abandoned the boy"

"The boys name is Karter! Get it right" she snapped at me "and NO I didn't tell him. This boy put his hands on me one too many times then got mad when I finally had enough and called the police. You think I was gonna want that around my child? And yes, at first there were other people that could've been his father so I got them tested first but no, it's Kentrell. And all I need is for him is to support his child. He don't have to worry bout seeing him, y'all can continue to be a happy little family, as long as I got my check"

"You sound real stupid" I laughed, shaking my head

"And it would take his lil pet to think that" she responded and I looked at her some type of way

"His pet?"

"Well Mr Gaulden" the lawyer interrupted us "I mean, you don't HAVE to agree to it. You can take it to court but the judge is gonna just do the exact same thing I'm doing and he's gonna make you pay it"

Kentrell cursed himself and shook his head so I touched his arm

"Trell... baby just, do it"

He glared at Kaniyah then looked at the lawyer "fuck it. That gone be the ONLY money he get from me too. Ain no way mane"

"I guess he gotta be one of her kids in order for you to wanna do stuff for him.. woww" kaniyah laughed

"Force somebody to be on child support then get mad cause that's all the money he gone give you... females trifling" I said to myself

"However" the lawyer started talking again, looking at Kaniyah "ms Jackson. Being that he's agreeing to pay child support. He does have a right to partial custody of his son"