Chapter 64: Time Outs

Time Skip, After Port Arrival, Arendelle Castle

"Come on, Els! You two need to take a break, we've got everything covered." Anna insisted, pushing her sister and brother in law towards the main exit on the Great Hall in a fast pace, Iduna  and Agnarr behind her in tow, holding each one of their snoozing grandchildren with excited grins.

Kristoff awkwardly stood between the two parents, smiling sheepishly, not knowing what to do. Elsa gave him an unsure stare, but the mountain man gave her an assuring thumbs up.

"A-alright, but remember, their nap time is on three o'clo—"

"I know, I know, and there are fresh clean bottles in the pantry and if Auriana cries just give her mother's scarf, and if Chandler won't sleep at all speak gibberish with him. Got it." Anna sarcastically ranted.

Elsa smiled nervously at her sister and gave her a hug, "You're a great aunt. And sister."

Anna smiled at her widely, "Oh, you're too kind. I already know that. We're going to have so much fun—"

"Anna, for the hundredth time, they're just infants. I don't want either of them ending up in the North Mountain or the Enchanted Forest while Aiden and I are out."

"You're being paranoid. Why would I do that?" Anna rolled her eyes.

"Because you're Anna of Arendelle." Elsa teased, before pulling her to one last casual hug, "Take care of them well, we're going to go home as early as we can."

Anna groaned, "Alright, fine. Five in the evening, last offer."

Elsa smiled, "We'll take it. It's almost noon."

Anna laughed mischievously, but pointed at the grandfather clock standing beside a column, "It's only nine in the morning, dear sister of mine."

Elsa blushed, before shaking her head, walking to both her parents with a calm smile. She pressed a kiss on Chandler's forehead, doing the same with Auriana.

She quickly dashed up next to Aiden before linking arms, and finally departing from the castle grounds.

Iduna and Agnarr sighed in relief, "She may be queen but why does she always forget she's human too?" Kristoff interfered.

"I don't know. I just don't, damn know." Anna huffed, then turned to the baby girl in her grandfather's arm, "Now, who wants to be with Auntie Anna?" She chirped, clapping her hands invitingly to the female twin. The little girl gurgled and flashed her a gummy smile, flailing out her tiny arms willingly.

Once the little girl is in her aunt's arms, Anna kissed the girl's cheek and chuckled, "Heh, I bet this one will be my partner in crime once she grows up, our little Aria~"

The infant giggled in response.

Agnarr grinned, "We should send them out often."

Iduna, Kristoff and Anna beamed, "Agreed!"
____________________________________

"I love the twins so much honey, but I've never felt so relaxed before in my entire life." Aiden sighed contentedly, his back leaning against the tree's trunk, "We should do this often."

"Yes, I have to agree with you. It's a nice day out." Elsa smiled, kissing the side of her husband's neck affectionately, "Solitude at its finest."

"And what makes this day one in a million is that it's just you and me, right now."

Wise men say, only fools rush in..

Elsa squeezed his hand, resting her head on his shoulder, "You're right. Did you pack our little stash?"

Aiden chuckled, "Of course, why would I forget? Hold on a sec."

He pulled out a bag behind his back, a bowl of strawberries and a chocolate dip now on his lap, "Dig in, snowflake."

But I can't help..

Elsa giggled and took one, biting the fruit with delight, "It's good. Try it."

Aiden pulled out his sketch book eagerly, "Not before I draw a perfect angle of my wife holding a strawberry next to her similarly colored lips."

Elsa smirked, "Sketch me or kiss those lips you speak so fondly of?"

Aiden's cheeks heated up, "Y-you shameless flirt."

Falling in love, with you.

"You dashing husband of mine." Elsa pulled his collar playfully, Aiden taking a mental note she's stronger than she looks, "I'm not a kitty without claws, lover. You should know that."

Aiden caressed her cheek dreamily, "Lesson learned, my queen."

She knew he's defenseless when she's the foe in their little childish, fluffy games. He's a fearless, muscled lion in the eyes of others, but in the eyes of his beloved lioness he's merely an adorable bunny that can give out tons of comfy hugs with his warmth.

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?

His hands gripped her shoulders tightly, pulling her closer not with force but with gentleness. She brought herself to sit on the space between his legs, therefore the perfect cuddle is made. Aiden placed his chin on her soft platinum blond head, pressing a kiss on it.

For I can't help..

His arms are wrapped around her waist, trapping her on him. Her hands grasped his fingers, thus intertwining their hands.

Falling in love with you.

"Brynja! Is that the King and Queen we see? Queen Elsa looks so breathtaking up close!"

"Shhh! Sonja, stop being so nosy! Let them be! They're having a good time alone!"

Aiden chuckled at the two children, "Looks like we've got some amusing company. By the way, I haven't been to the marketplace for quite some time now."

Elsa looked up at him, "Want to go?"

Aiden flashed her a playful smile and brushed their noses in the process, "After a kiss."

"Mh?" Elsa lazily mumbled.

"Kiss me." Aiden nuzzles her cheek.

Elsa looked back at the space she was staring at for five minutes already, "I don't know. I feel so... I feel like I don't want to stand. I feel like jelly."

Aiden laughs, "Your desk wore you out?"

Elsa sighed, "You have no idea."

"Then I'll do the honors." Aiden grinned, capturing her lips in a kiss. Elsa smiled against his, breathing out a visible cool air. It's a trick she loved to do when she wants to tease and play around the fire king every now and then, also flicking a snowflake on his nose every once in a while.

She slumped against his back once more, "I'm sleepy." She muttered.

Aiden kissed her forehead, "Go ahead love, close your eyes. Rest your mind."

And with that, the only sounds that surrounded them are the snow queen's steady breathing, and her silent, ladylike snores.