17

Blaire's POV

"Room Service!"

Jakes voice breaks through my otherwise silent room. I can't help but grin. My smile grows even wider, though, when I realize in his outreached hand there is a cookie icecream sandwich.

"Is that for me?!" I all but shriek. Instantly my face flushes and I try to hide it beneath my bed sheets but it's to no avail.

"Well dang if I just had to walk into a room to get you to blush I wouldn't spend so much time perfecting my pick-up lines."

"Jake whatever your middle name is Ellinger quit picking on me!"

His face breaks into an ear-splitting grin and it makes my heart swoon. I try to ignore the feeling, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to do so each day.

"Oh I'm sooo sorry, I didn't realize that bringing you icecream was a form of bullying. I guess I'll just eat this chipwich myself..." he trails off and raises his eyebrows at me expectantly.

"No! I take it back!" I respond and greedily grab the icecream out of his hands.

"Alright, scoot over," he commands.

My mouth is full of creamy vanilla goodness and I attempt to swallow as I respond, "huh?"

"I'm going to come sit next to you silly. How else would we be able to finish the movie?"

Due to the close proximity of such a gorgeous human, I find myself struggling to breathe, so I simply slide to the left of the bed and pat the empty space that remains. Immediately, he plops down and reaches for the remote to unpause Will Smith's face.

"Thanks for coming," I mumble, staring down at my half eaten treat.

"Of course Lassie. What are friends for?"