3

"Goodmorning."

"So I watched Lassie."

"And the verdict is?..."

"It was alright."

"Only alright?"

"It just seemed a bit outdated, if I'm being honest."

"Are you implying that a movie has to be new to be good?"

"No, I'm just saying that there's been better dog movies made in the past, I don't know, 40 years?"

"40 years?! Wow, I didn't know that its already been 4 decades since the 90s, Jake."

"Maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic, Lassie, but I've always been one to add flair. You should know that."

"How should I know that? We don't know each other."

*Gasp*

"Lassie, how dare you say that! We're best friends."

"Lassie? What happened to Katy?"

"Until you tell me your real name I will continue to give you nicknames. It's our thing."

"Our thing?"

"Of course Lassie, every set of best friends has a thing. Don't ruin this for us."

"Whatever you say, Jakey."

"That's the spirit."

"So seriously, when do I get to know your name?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe when you prove to me that you're not scary phone stalker. For all I know you could be a 50 year old man using a voice modifier."

"Oh and you say that I'm one for dramatics."

"Better safe than sorry."

"Okay fair. My name is Jake Ellinger and I'm 16 years old. I play basketball at Crestwood High. You can call the school secretary and ask her about me if you want. She's had to get me out of far too many first period tardies so she'll know exactly who you're looking for. Her name's Jenny, we're pretty tight."

"Okay Jake Ellinger. I'll believe you, for now."

"So, Lassie, are you going to tell me your name?"

"Depends."

"Depends on what, exactly?"

"Do you like Air Bud or Beethoven more?"

"Air Bud. How is that even a question?"

"...Blaire."

"Huh?"

"My name is Blaire."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Blaire."