Chapter 106: A Cloudless, Blue Morning

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Sarah." Draco takes the plate, shaking his head when Hermione sends him a smirk.

Sarah takes her plate carefully into the conservatory where Carol, Neville and their children are sat with Hyperion and Alarte enjoying their own plates of food.

"Have you got the nursery ready, mate?" Richard asks Draco.

Draco nods. "We've had it done a while. It doesn't take us long to decorate or create furniture." He mentions, kneeling beside Hermione since all the chairs around the kitchen table were taken.

"You don't look like a carpenter," Richard mentions with a knowing wink.

Draco smiles and nods in confusion. Hyperion's whole family knows about magic, including his children-in-law, so he's not sure why Richard is trying so hard to avoid suspicion.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" Arania asks. "It's just us five are going out for some drinks tonight. Dad and Granny are watching the kids." She motions at Avis, Richard, Abe, and Danielle.

"Are the others not invited?" Hermione asks.

"It's Damion's birthday tomorrow, so Al's spending the night at his house." Abe answers.

"They're going into Exeter tomorrow to see some film and have some drinks," Avis adds.

"What about Neville and Carol?" Draco asks.

The five other people at the table glance at each other.

"Neville, he gets..." Arania starts, her voice quiet.

"He's not the most pleasant person when he's had too many drinks." Avis states.

"You probably haven't noticed. He rarely drinks, especially not around the kids," Arania adds.

"Dad usually has the kids overnight if we all go out, so he'll have more than usual." Abe continues.

Hermione looks at Draco a little concerned. None of her family or friends really drink that much. The exception being Ron after the partner ceremony when he was drowning his sorrows. He did get quite mean, but he's cut down his drinking since Pansy fell pregnant and the twins were born.

"He's not physical or anything." Abe quickly clarifies. "Just obnoxiously loud and gets into arguments over anything." He sighs.

"I'd love to join you all, but I really need a rest, and I don't think I would be much fun," Hermione admits.

"Nonsense, you don't need to drink to have fun." Danielle comments.

"But it sure helps." Avis smiles, picking up her glass of white wine.

"Avis!" Abe hisses at her.

Hermione chuckles. "It's fine, I don't think I would be very comfortable anyway." She says, turning to Draco. "If you want to enjoy some time with your cousins though Draco, I'm more than happy to stay and help Hyperion and Sarah with these two." She smiles at the two babies sat in highchairs.

"I apologise, but I'll have to wait until next time. This is our last breakaway before the baby arrives and I'd rather spend it with my wife." Draco states.

"No problem, our next one probably won't be until Christmas anyway, plenty of time for you both to recover from the miracle of childbirth." Arania mentions.

"Mom, can I use grandad's phone, I need to call my dad." A tall, blond-haired, sixteen-year-old peers around the kitchen door.

"You better ask your grandad, Spence, you know calls to America cost more." Avis reminds him.