Chapter 61: Baby and I are Great

When they disapparate to the estate, there are a few reporters waiting outside the gates. They all jump into action when they see them.

"Mrs Malfoy, is it true the Potter's are having a second wedding this summer?"

"Hermione, Hermione, over here. Did the Potters get pregnant in an attempt to cheat the Marriage Decree?"

"Is Mrs Potter already five months pregnant?"

"Miss Granger, how do you know Gwenog Jones' daughter?"

The reporters all shout together but it's the one about Sophie that stops her and all the other reporters. Hermione turns to face the reporters, trying to figure out which one had asked about Sophie.

A purple haired reporter dressed all in black steps forward with her notepad and quill at the ready. "The three of you were spotted all over Diagon Alley today." She states.

Draco places his hand at the small of her back, guiding her through the gates and towards their house.

Inside their house, Draco checks on Athena whilst Hermione heads upstairs for a quick shower before she gets ready for Dean and Seamus' party. By the time she walks into their bedroom wrapped in a towel, Draco lounging on their bed, dressed in black jeans, dark green shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, and black tie.

"Don't you look fancy?" She smiles at him as she opens the wardrobe.

"These are your friends," He states.

"And you want to look intimidatingly attractive?" She questions him as she flicks through her clothes.

He doesn't answer but she hears him climb off their bed. Pausing in her search, she glances over her shoulder. "You want to impress them?" She asks but Draco just looks at her. "You want my friends to think you're good enough for me?" She asks, facing him.

"No, I don't particularly care what they think about me." He shrugs, walking over to the wardrobe and helping her search through her clothes. "I feel joy in intimidating others with my attractiveness." He glances at her out the corner of his eye making her laugh.

"Well, you're certainly succeeding." She smiles at him.

"Do you know what I might find even more enjoyable?" He rhetorically asks as he pulls out a dark green floral dress. "If you were to join me on my crusade to intimidate our friends with our joint attractiveness." He holds the dress out to her with a questioning expression.

Hermione looks unsure so he moves them in front of their dressing table mirror, holding the dress in front of her body.

"You can't deny how attractive we are as a couple. We're probably the most attractive couple to come out of this decree." He smiles vainly.

"You're a very conceited man, Draco Malfoy." She tells him, taking the dress from his grasp and pushing him out of their bedroom, shutting the door behind him so she can change.

When she's ready, she joins Draco downstairs where she pulls on her black ankle boots before leaving for the party.

Ginny is keeping an eye on the barbecue with Hannah, which they had just lit with a flick of their wand. They'd both been at Dean and Seamus' house along with their husbands and Ron since five o'clock but everyone else should be arriving around six o'clock. Ron was sat by himself on the grass with a bottle of the muggle beer Dean had asked her and Harry to pick up. However, due to Ron's stupid, drunk slip up the previous night, they were unable to leave the Estate thanks to the number of reporters stood outside the gate waiting for them, so Dean had gone himself. Her mother had owled her demanding to know what was on the front page of the Daily Prophet. Hopefully, it'll die down within a few days.