Ch. I

First Chapter Dedicate To Everyone

Thick As Thieves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind howled through the night, the freezing temperature shivered and the game was anticipating...

The roaring of the crowd startled Chloe as she and the rest of Lee High School watched as the school's football team were at the brink of beating their rivalry team. Everyone from the young and old held signs cheering on the players as the scoreboard read, 55-59. The rival between Lee High's Panthers with Johannesburg Bears lasted for ten years with both teams leading with ten wins but one team was going to lose.

The bitter cold bit at Chloe's rosy cheeks as she held her cup of hot chocolate in her hand while her cousin, Jessica cheered for her boyfriend during the game. Everyone loved the team but the top guy leading the Panthers to the win was her best friend, Jaxon Avery.

Jaxon Avery and Chloe Stewart were thick as thieves being the fact they had been best friends since meeting one summer while visiting her grandparents. Some believed the friendship was a relationship but they never displayed those signs.

"Let's go Jaxon!" Jessica yelled from the stands as the quarterback ran the ball twenty yards before being tackled. "Ouch!"

Chloe laughed at her cousin before looking back at the field to see her friend get help from one of his teammates.

Jaxon got to his feet slapping hands with his teammates before searching the stands quickly finding his mother, Gemma. It was a bit difficult seeing as everyone was dressed down to their warmest clothes but he knew where his mother was. His eyes immediately locked with his mother as she wore the custom maid hoodie to represent her son.

Gemma Avery, Jaxon's mother, smiled out of pride as she watched her son played his best knowing there were talent scouts at the game. With the convincing of two talent scouts, several three were here to watch her son play and offer him a full ride to one of their universities.

"Avery!" He heard his coach yelled from the distance. "Get over here!"

On-demand, Jaxon followed the coach's orders and joined the team's inner circle as Coach Miller gave instructions on the new play.

"Are you sure about that coach?" One of the teammates asked thinking the play was a bit wack. "We've never tried that before."

Coach Miller grinned as he shook his head looking directly at Jaxon, "It's going to work...don't ruin this homecoming with a lost. Now let's go!" The team cheered as they broke to get back on the field.

"They better win this game...I bet money on this." Harold said before sipping his beer. "Last homecoming game and I won three hundred dollars."

"We...won that bet Harold," Georgia smirked as she reminded her husband. "...I wonder if Jaxon knows if Chloe is here." She looked back at her excited granddaughter.

"That fact that she traveled all the way here to see that boy play." Harold chuckled knowing how much his granddaughter begged for him to pick him up halfway to meet with his mother.

Georgia smiled as she sipped her hot chocolate, "Well, they are the best of friends...thick as thieves."

Harold hummed as he comforted his wife of thirty years watching the game continuing onward. The game became more intense Jaxon eyed the quarterback of the Bears knowing just how quick and fast he was, but he was better. Jaxon held that cocky attitude only when he was playing on the field even some friends and family.