𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. "𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫"

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
❝ 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 ❞

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

🌄🌅🌉🏙🌃🌌
( 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 ! )

THERE WERE SO MANY signs telling Ivy not go to David's house that night, yet somehow she saw none of them. The only thing she did see was the fact that it had been almost been a week since David had gotten back from Vegas and she had yet to see him; which was mainly because they'd both been busy.

It wasn't until she walked up to his front door, giving the doorbell one simple ring, that something finally felt wrong. Her eyes casted downward toward her phone which was in her hand as she thought about texting David and telling him that she was at his place, instead of ringing the doorbell for a second time. However, before she could do that or even think about it further, Ivy noticed someone walking to the door to answer it; that someone not being David. Instead, it was someone Ivy was quickly able to recognize as Liza.

Part of her felt weird actually seeing the curly-haired girl in person right then, while the other part of her felt confused. The only time Ivy had seen Liza was through a random picture she'd asked David to show her because she wanted to put a face to her name.

But, even though Ivy had seen a photo of Liza, that didn't change the fact that the two girls were strangers. Which was the main reason why Ivy understood the confused look that was clearly written on Liza's face when she saw the Raven haired girl standing at the door.

Liza quickly replaced her confused expression with a smile. "Hi, um, how can I help you?"

Ivy pushed the shock she was feeling to the side and cleared her throat before saying, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I think I have the wrong house. My friend just moved around here, and I still get pretty confused when trying to find her place." The lie somehow managed to easily fall from her lips and she was happy that it didn't sound too shitty.

"Oh, okay," Liza nodded. "I don't live here, this is my friend's place. But, he's been living here for a while, so I'm sure he could probably help you find where you're looking for."

Ivy immediately shook her head; the last thing she wanted right then was to see David. The internal embarrassment she was feeling from just being with Liza was already very high, and she could only imagine how much it would increase if David entered this messy picture. "No, no, it's fine. I'm just gonna call my friend, and she'll help me out. Sorry again about this."

Before Ivy was able to turn around and start walking away, she heard a voice, that she could easily pick out as David's, loudly say the words, "Liza, who's at the door?" Once he rounded the corner and started to walk down the short hallway that led to the front door, seeing who was there, Ivy noticed how his whole demeanor change; which made sense since his ex-girlfriend and secret girl friend were in the same vicinity.

"Um, hey," The simple words he managed to mutter out sounded so tense that it made Ivy want to say sorry to him a thousand times for causing this situation that they were in.

"This girl knocked on the wrong door, she thought that this was her friend's house," Liza explained to David, looking at him but his gaze was stuck on Ivy.

"Yeah, I was just about to leave and call my friend. I'm really sorry about all of this," Ivy managed to say, her eyes locking with David's, something that she didn't want to happen; she hoped her voice did not sound as shaky as she thought it did.