~ Chapter 28 ~

Sitting on a mushroom, Poppy's face was buried in her hands. She was not crying, she had already exhausted all her tears. The Trolls who were staying were talking to each other, each of them had decided to believe the princess; they were loyal to her and would help her find a solution.

Poppy had been especially thankful to the SnackPack, they believed her and they would all do to help their friend Branch ... even if he was the NightFury. Poppy had see the good in him, so they to.

- We checked, they didn't leave any boat! Smidge sighed

- How are we going to find the island? Biggie cried, They need us!

- We will build boats! DJ says confidently

Everyone agreed, determineted. Poppy kept thinking, how to find the dragons' island? Branch was the only trollagon in the vi ...

And then it hit her. (haha homecoming-)

- The little green dragon! She suddenly exclaimed

Everyone had give confused look, why call this dragon no bigger than a kitten? Then they understood, Poppy could easily ask him for help to get her to the island faster!

- A DRAGON ! Suddenly shouted a troll at the back of the group

Everyone cried out in surprise. A familiar ball of green fur pass between everyone's legs and made his way to Poppy. He was holding a paper in his mouth.

- Hello, Poppy smiled sweetly

The little dragon gave the paper to Poppy with a meow, the princess took it and read it aloud.

My name is Kitten, I am Branch's friend, I will help you!

- Can you bring me to the island? Poppy asked

As a response, Kitten began to flap his wings and flew above the princess. He wrapped his heavy tail around her waist and lifted her effortlessly.

" LET'S GO !!" Kitten mewed happily and headed for the volcano, all the trolls screamed out in joy and started building boats.

* * *

The waves were caressing the sides of the boat. Branch was standing, supporting the weight of the chains and the collar. He had a sore throat because of the fire he had tried to use earlier.

- Keep this direction, King Pepy said to a hunter.

As he passed close to Branch, the trollagon managed to gently grab his attention. Seeing the frightened look of the gray troll, the king calmed down and decided to listen to what he had to say.

- King Pepy, please, you don't know what's hiding on this island ...

- King Pepy, he uses his power, go away!

The old troll had immediately listened to Creek and walked away. The hunter chief gave him a angry look.

- Don't believe a word of what he says! Creek ordered the king, all he wants to do is go back to the village and lure the dragons to kill us all!

Branch couldn't take it anymore, he roared in fury, revealing his dragon eyes:

- YOU ALL LEAD US TO DEATH!

Pepy placed himself in front of the hunter, always handle by him:

- Lies! We will defeat all of your kind, to honor our ancestors who add falled! Kill the dragons, protect my own!

Branch calm down, looking down in shame in front of his king. The poor man didn't know what he was doing, he knew it. It was this purple troll who was handling him ... The old orange troll walked away, still unable to hide the fear in his eyes.

- Pepy is really easy to handle, don't you think? Creek whispered to him

- Really ? When he turns back you don't even name him with respect, he's our king, he's King Pepy!

Creek had smiled, coming even closer to whisper those awful words in his almost deaf hurt ear:

- No matter, soon, it will be me, King Creek, the king!

With a wild movement, Branch was try to pull again on his chains:

- TRAITOR! He screamed, almost roaring.

- Ignore him, Creek smiles when he sees the cloud of fog in front of them.

Soon the boats entered the clouds of fog. All the trolls exchanged worried whispers. Branch managed to feel the presence of other trollagons who scream to them to leave ... But it was too late, he had failed to protect them.

At one point, a strange whisper caught his attention.

- Shhh ... Creek whisper to everyone, looking at Branch who was acting weird.

The poor gray troll understood what was going on, Claws was trying to take him ... Grunting, Branch shook his head, trying to get rid of the call ... why he had not Poppy's headband that day?

But quickly, the call was too powerful. Branch looked up, like freeze. His dragon eyes stared in front of him and his ears tilted in the direction to the call, unintentionally showing the way for the scared trolls.

- Follow him ! Creek whispered, Branch was unaware of what he was doing, Claws had taken possession of his body.

He turned his head to the left, Creek motioned to turn in that direction. For fifteen good minutes, the trolls advanced thanks to the NightFury.

When they got there, Branch woke up. Seeing the mountain, he began to pull on his chains, wanting to tell him to flee. But King Pepy had already gotten off the boat, followed by all the trolls who held ineffective weapons against what they were going to fight ... Branch had been left alone on the boat, chained and helpless.

"What have I done? ..." he thought as Pepy approached the dead volcano.

- Dragons! Show yourself! He says in a loud voice.

There was a long silence, finally, a silhouette came out of a hole in the walls ... it was a troll.

A gray troll.

He was very small, maybe 9 or 10 centimeters ... His black / burgundy hair stood on his head. He wore a cape of scales on his shoulders and his yellow eyes shone with frightening joy. Branch never thought he would see another gray troll like him.

- Who ... who are you? Creek asked, not believing it himself, everyone knew who this troll was.

The gray troll showed his sharp teeth with a big smile. He took the time to admire the sky, even filled with gray clouds, he took the time to feel the outside air against his skin, it had been so long since he had been out!

- My name is Claws, he finally introduced himself, dragon rider .... I waited for this day so long !!!

Then he roared like freeze the blood. Thousands of dragons emerged from the now open prison walls. Branch had to close his eyes when one of the dragons almost pulled his hair off with his claws. When he opened his eyes again, it was a gigantic dragon staring at him with his yellow eyes.

- You have been very useful to me, but I no longer need you! The scary voice sounded in his mind.

With a horrible growl, Claws threw fire on the boats. It was impossible for the trolls to leave and Branch was trapped.

Scared, Branch pull on his chains again but ... why keep fight?

It was what he deserved after what he had just done.

He stopped moving, patiently waiting for the flames to take care of him.