~ Chapter 7 ~

-Hairless... whispered Poppy.

After a moment of hesitation, she raised her hand close to the dragon's muzzle, the pink troll wondering what texture had its scales. Unfortunately, Hairless grunted and left in a corner. She didn't know why, but she had decided that it would be his name; Hairless.

The princess was getting tired anyway. She approached the NightFury, he raised his head and gave a warning grunt, but she was no longer afraid, she smiled and whispered:

-Don't worry, I don't want to hurt you. I'll be back tomorrow, okay?

Hairless tilted his head and frowned, as if he was intrigued. Poppy laughed and went back to the village, leaving the black dragon alone near the lake.

* * *

Branch walking near the village, a dozen sticks under his arm. The morning air was cold and chilled his fingers. There was even a little frost on the ground covered with dead leaves and they creaked under his feet. The sky was cloudy and smoke was coming out of the mouth of the gray troll, he had put on his scarf, unbelievable this cold when they were only in October.

And it's unbelievable that they sing so loud, he thought, waiting for the voices of several trolls.

He added a piece of wood to his booty, thinking about last night. Why was she so innocent? Why did she decide to come back to see ... how she had already said ... oh yes, Hairless! Why did she come back to see Hairless? And it's a strange name ... that name could only come from the pink troll.

But he still didn't understand why he could not fly, his instinct told him what to do but he lost his balance as soon as he opened the wings

-Branch! Do you hear me or not ?!

He turned with a jump. Poppy ran to him.

-What do you want? He growled dryly.

He had an irresistible urge to tell him how stupid he was to walk in the forest last night, but he could not say anything, or she would suspect something. He sighed, noticing that she was not equipped for the cold weather.

-Poppy, you will sick!

The pink troll frowned without understanding. Branch went on and Poppy followed him.

-What are you doing? She asked, he picked up another stick.

-I prepare for the winter.

He put his pile of stick on the ground and removed his scarf. He launched it to Poppy:

-You'll catch a cold.

-And you?

-I'm rarely sick.

She shrugged and slipped the red scarf around her neck. Branch had already went but she join him.

-Branch?

The gray troll didn't answer. Poppy found him strange:

-Braaaaannchhh !?

He picked up another stick on the floor. His ear did not even move to point to her as usual, it was the first time ...

It was his injured ear ...

Poppy took conciense of what might be the problem:

-BRANCH!

Finally a reaction, Branch jumped and escaped his sticks on the ground.

-What, what, what ??? He panicked, looking around for any danger.

Poppy felt her heart tighten, she was right, she was sure. Tears began to run down her cheeks.

-What's the matter? He asked, noticing that Poppy was crying.