~ Chapter 29 ~

I was listen to "I Found" By Amber Run writing that chapter :'l

----------

- Faster ! Go faster ! Poppy commended to Kitten as they flew between the giants rocks

The little dragon had doubled in speed, he had never fly so long, he cannot wait to tell that to his cousin! The roars of the battle reached their ears ... soon they emerged from the clouds of fog. Kitten flew over the forest of burning trees, trembling ... but they froze completely when they saw the battle.

Trolls and dragons fought like warriors ... the dragons didn't seem aware of what they were doing, their eyes seemed to fix the void ... Poppy knew well why, Claws controlled them without problem. Poppy watched her people try to defend themselves. She saw her father against a MonstrousNightmare, she had seen the fear burning in his eyes ... fortunately, a troll came to help him chase away the dragon.

- It's scary ... Kitten groaned in his language, Poppy didn't even need to understand to know what he was saying.

Poppy had gently stroked the fur on his tail around her waist to reassure him. Creek seemed to be gone ... well done for him if you ask me.

But Poppy had opened her eyes in horror when she saw a familiar gray troll chaining on one of the burning ships.

- THERE KITTEN! She screamed, pointing at the gray troll in danger.

The young trollagon immediately took this direction, these little exhausted wings seemed to have forgotten their pain. He placed himself above the boat and let the princess fall on the blackened wood.

- You have to go and free all the trollagons! She commended him, They can help us!

Kitten nodded and headed for the volcano. Poppy ran to Branch to free him.

Hearing a familiar voice, Branch slowly opened his eyes. Seeing Poppy pulling on his chains, He frowned:

- ... P-Poppy? He asked, was it an angel who had come to get him?

- Don't worry, I'm going to get you out of here! She had managed to untie the chains that held his hands to his collar.

Hearing the sound of the chains. Branch took fright. He moved away from her as he could:

- No ! You have to save your skin, go away!

- I'm not leaving you there! She said determinedly and tried to find a way to detach the collar.

- Yes ! You must leave me there! Let ... Let me go! He felt tears coming into his eyes

- What? Poppy didn't understand, What do you ....?

- LET ME DIE !

He had screamed this words, the pain of all his months of lies pierced his voice, all this time to realize that he was right from the start; he's a monster. Poppy had move away slightly, tears of incomprehension and concern in her eyes. Branch had looked at her, he looked down, closed his eyes before opening them again and looking at her; two scary blue dragon eyes looked at her:

- I'm a monster, see? He whispered with a trembling voice, the flames reflected in his gaze.

She clenching her teeth, forgetting her tears to pull on his chains:

- Shut up ! She screamed, the lump in her throat made her sob.

- No ! I am a monster ! LET ME DIE THIS IS WHAT I DESERVE DAMN!

- IT'S NOT TRUE, YOU AREN'T A MONSTER! She screamed again, her voice was filled with pain

- I AM A MONSTER ! I lead my family here! ... NO ONE NEEDS ME ANY WAY! LET ME DIE !