7 • Of Fights and Flights

YIN and Theo were having another siblings' quarrel

YIN and Theo were having another siblings' quarrel. The quick walk to the condo was awfully quiet as neither Palma siblings were willing to break the silence. Yin was being petty, still annoyed at her brothers for leaving her all alone. And Theo had the audacity to flirt with a girl all the while? Hmph.

Theo, on the other hand, was equally annoyed at Yin for lying to him. She should have told him that she knew the guy in the elevator. They acted like strangers but today they were annoyingly clingy. He didn't like it one bit. It made him protective of his sister. No hearts will be broken on his watch.

When they reached the condo, they also worked on their school assignments in silence. However the silence seemed to make them rethink their perspective. Yin realized that Theo was working so hard on the thesis revisions tonight, not to mention the past month of all-nighters as he and some of his thesis mates have been carrying all the work. She felt guilty for being a petty brat. Besides he has been mending his broken heart for a year now. He deserves some love again.

Theo was busy with the revisions but he was getting bothered by the silent treatment too. He thought about Yin and Ranger. He realized his sister looked bright and happy earlier. He has never seen her like that ever since their grandmother died 3 years ago. Especially because their late Lola Mama was their only ally on their mother's side of the family. Probably the only normal adult, normal in a sense of being selfless and down to earth, not concerned about the materialistic and superficial things. So ever since they were young, they got nagged and pressured and scolded a lot to be the perfect little Quirino-Palma children that their parents wanted them to be. Somehow their parents succeeded as the Palma siblings grew up to be well-mannered, presentable, sophisticated intellectuals. An inch short of perfection. Yet, they have never been in their happiest state. Theo felt guilty for getting overly protective of Yin. All he wishes is for her to be genuinely happy. Besides they aren't even together. His trauma is getting the best of him. He realized it wouldn't be the same situation he experienced so he shouldn't worry about Yin just yet.

"Did you eat dinner?" Yin finally said, breaking the silence. She was doing her research paper in the living room.

"Nope. Just the pastries earlier." Theo said absentmindedly, as he was still busy with his revisions at the dining table. Yet he was glad Yin was talking to him again.

"I'll make ramyeon. With cheese and spam?" She said, standing up. Theo agreed and continued on his work.

And just like that, the Palma siblings were back on good terms. No questions asked, no heated discussion, no apologies. It naturally happens and all is well again in their little home.

"How was family dinner?" Theo asked curiously. It is the first time he missed it. He still feels guilty about it so he probably needs to make it up to his sister soon. F, freeloaders.

"Oh, the usual. The Q snipers bringing up my tardiness since I had to commute and Ate Delhaize's lack of fiancé. She's so funny though, she has never told the boomers that Kiko already proposed to her. She said she'll wait until a month before their wedding."