13- This Year Would Be Different

A/N This chapter is gonna be really wholesome, and it took me fucking forever to write, I changed the title, it was gonna be Launch Day, but I think this fits better. Please comment any spelling or grammar mistakes and I will try my best to fix them.

*Time skip to November 22nd, 2010, the day of the Danger Days Release*

-Ray's POV-

Today was the day. November 22nd, 2010, Today was the day that I planned on proposing to Mikey, and I was nervous. So I called Gerard.

"Hey Gee"

"Hey Ray, how you holding up?"

"Nervous as fuck man, everything's ready, I have everyhting, but i'm still nervous"

"I know, but you'll be fine. Mikey loves you, more than anything in the world, I promise"

"Thanks, Gee, I really appreciate that"

I got off the phone with gerard and made sure I had everything. Oh, yeah, today was also the launch party for Danger Days. We hit publish, listen to all our old music and eat a shit ton of food, gaining weight we end up burning off during the world tour. It's a fun day, but this year would be different.

Mikey and I took separate cars to Gerards house because I told him I needed to pick some things up.

I went to the store, picked up roses and a box of chocolates for Mikey, and an energy drink for me.I then checked out and drove to Gerards house, Mikey wasn't here yet, thank god.

"Hey Gee, where can I put this stuff?"

"Upstairs. Don't worry, you got this"

Mikey, Frank and Bob showed up and we all sat and talked for a while, my anxiety slowly rising. I went upstairs to grab the stuff and came back down, hiding the roses and chocolate in the kitchen and the ring in his hoodie pocket.

"Hey Gerard, can you come in here please?"

Gerard came into the kitchen and gave me a hug.

"Hey, You're okay Ray, you got this, He's gonna say yes, I know it."

"Thank you... Let's go hit that goddamn publish button"

They all sat down at the table around Gerards laptop and screamed simultaneously

"5.......4.......3......2......1......WHOO!"

We did it, we published our Album of the decade, Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys. And now it was time. I was about to propose to Mikey... holy shit.

I went into the kitchen, I was mentally preparing myself for what was about to happen.

Gerard came into the kitchen.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, i'm ready.."

Gerard then poked his head out of the kitchen.

"Hey guys, all three of you are needed in the kitchen"

Mikey looked nervous. As mikey was walking through the kitchen door he looked at gerard and asked.

"What's going on?"

"You'll find out, nothing bad, I promise"

I was terrified, but I was ready, I had a speech prepared and everything.

"Hey Mikey, can you come stand over here"

I pointed in front of me so he would know where to go. He came and stood in front of me, never taking his eyes off of Gerard.

"Hey Mikey, I need you to look at me"

Mikey looked at me and my heart dropped. This was actually happening.

I started calmly talking and over time my eyes started filling with tears, but i had to hold them back

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, Over the last year and a half we've been through so much, we finished the Black Parade tour, we started dating, we went to disney, you moved in with me, we wrote and released Danger Days, and now, here in this moment i've realized that over the course of the last year and a half I have fallen more in love with you every day. I don't know where I would be without you, thank you for being there for me, taking care of me, protecting me, and most of all, thank you for loving me. The way you treat bandit makes me love you even more. You are so amazing with kids, and since the day we started dating, I have imagined us being together forever."

I was almost there, I was blinking back so many tears but I had to do this, so as traditional and cheesy as it is, I got down on one knee, and I'm pretty sure I gave Mikey a heart attack

"Wait.... Wait, what's going on?"

Mikey still had no idea what was happening.

"Mikey, shh, just breathe"

Gerard was trying to calm him down but gerard and Frank were already crying, which then caused Mikey's eyes to fill with tears, either way I continued.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, take you on trips, go on tour, eat too much junk food, cuddle and watch movies, all of it, so, Michael James Way, would you do the honor of making me the happiest man on earth, and marry me?"

"Yes, I'd be honored to"

Mikey was crying, but that's okay. Cause so was I.

I slipped the ring on his finger, and we went back to socializing as we normally did.

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it's about twice the length of a normal chapter for me. please leave suggestions and I will try my best to use them :)

-Alyx💕