C62. Jia Yuanling Was Exiled

Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong were still in the Front Hall.

"I heard that you fired several guards," Yuwen Tong said.

Ling Zhang was not surprised that Yuwen Tong knew this. That was not confidential, and it was not difficult for Yuwen Tong's omnipotent subordinates to inquire about this.

"They are all people who are lazy or with sticky fingers," Ling Zhang said.

Yuwen Tong nodded. Just as he wanted to say something, Wang Dashan returned, "Young Master, Xiafeng's letter arrived."

This news brightened Ling Zhang's eyes. He immediately opened the letter and checked it carefully.

Although Yuwen Tong only stayed at Ling Family for one night, he was clear about the people who served Ling Zhang. So far as he knew, this person named Xiafeng Feng was sent by Ling Zhang to investigate something classified.

Seeing Ling Zhang being so happy, Yuwen Tong couldn't help wondering what was in that letter.

The letter was long. He explained in detail the background check of all the guards he had found. All the formation was not much different from what they had so far, which made Ling Zhang feel relieved.

Now that they were clean, he could start training them.

Xiafeng wrote at the end of the letter that he was in Yanzhou now and if Ling Zhang had no other instructions, he would soon return to Tanyang.

'Yanzhou...' A bright idea occurred in Ling Zhang's mind. He got a chance to ask Xiafeng to check Liu Yi's background.

He looked at Yuwen Tong and said, "I have to write a letter."

"I'll be waiting here," Yuwen Tong said.

Ling Zhang then went back to his yard.

Yuwen Tong just cast Yaoyi a glance, whom, upon getting the hint, left quietly.

Therefore, Ling Zhang didn't know that the letter he sent to Xiafeng had been intercepted before it had been sent out of Tanyang. After carefully checking the contents of the letter, Yaoyi put the letter back into the messenger's package, unnoticed.

While Yaoyi was doing that, Ling Zhang and Yuwen Tong had already left Ling Family and went all the way to the west gate of the city.

"Are we going to the west mountain?" Ling Zhang asked in surprise.

"Let's investigate Jia Family's mine field you mentioned," Yuwen Tong said.

"But it is broad daylight and there are many guards at their mine field. We'll be spotted if we get close," Ling Zhang said.

"Just follow me," Yuwen Tong said.

Ling Zhang gave him a suspicious look. But then on a second thought, he realized that Yuwen Tong's Kung Fu was so powerful and he might be able to sneak in. There were a lot of herb shops in Tanyang City, so there was always the aroma of herbs in the street, which residents of Tanyang had long been used to. Walking along the street with Ling Zhang, Yuwen Tong kept an eye on the herb shops as they walked and found that almost every shop had a flag in front of its door, embroidered with a totem similar to the family emblem. Click the external link to unlock the whole chapter 62 - Jia Yuanling Was Exiled.