C37. Are You Really Marshal Yuwen?

The man on the horse made a gesture, and those men in black immediately moved quickly to drag all the dead bodies on the mountain path to the nearby woods, and buried them on the spot.

In this gloomy rainy day, flood went everywhere, and the smell of blood was overwhelming. These men in black, like ghosts and goblins, moved as fast as lightning, which made the butler and the guard feel cold on their backs. Half of the face of the man on the horse was covered by a bamboo hat. Even though he looked handsome, they didn't dare to raise their heads to have a look.

"Who are you and how did you bump into these bandits?" Just when the butler thought he couldn't get response, the man on the horse began to ask.

"Your Honor! I'm the butler of the Ling Family in Tanyang. I'm heading to the capital on my master's command for some family matter, and these are the guards. We were heading north when it happened to rain. We have intended to go to Liantang town ahead, but we had hardly reached the hill when we met with the bandits. If you haven't been here in time, we might have lost our lives here today," The butler answered immediately.

Faced with the overwhelming momentum of the man on the horse, the butler didn't dare to conceal his identity any more.

"The Ling Family in Tanyang?" the man's cold and serious tone softened, and he asked, "Is it the mansion of Ling Xingzhong who had been the Ceremonial Master twenty years ago?"

"Yes, he is my master." The butler got surprised, and he hadn't expected the man could actually know the Ling Family, and even the things of the Family twenty years ago. The butler asked carefully, "Your Honor, may I know who you are?"

The man didn't respond accordingly, "You don't need to know who I am. The bandits have been eliminated. Just take the fainted guy and leave hurriedly."

The butler got anxious. Although he was curious about the identity of the man, he knew it would be in vain to ask more. Since the momentum of the man was so overwhelming, and he was followed by such a capable and vigorous team, he couldn't be an ordinary man. And there was no point asking for more.

Thinking here, the butler expressed his thanks once again, "Yes, thank you for saving us."

Then he tipped the guard Wang a wink.

The guard Wang nodded at the butler, and then he called others around to lift Stone who was still in a comma, and carried him into the carriage.

Stone had been cut on the shoulder, and he even got fainted now, so they had to reach the Liantang town and find a doctor in a hurry.

After lifting Stone into the carriage, the butler was about to get in too. But because he had stood in mud for a long time, his shoes got wet and slippery. Consequently, he slipped and fell off the edge of the carriage.

"Uncle Li!" the guard Wang hurried to hold him up.

The man on the horse looked over too.

There was some water in the place where the butler had fallen, and his body got wet immediately, which made his face change greatly. Regardless of the acute pain, he struggled to get up in a hurry. "Gosh!'

"Uncle Li, what's wrong?" The guard Wang asked, "Did you hurt yourself?"

The butler, without answering him, took a letter from his bosom quickly, the corner of which was drenched.

"Damn! The letter our master asked me to deliver to the capital got wet."

Hearing the words, the guard's face changed too, and he urged, "Uncle Li, get on the carriage quickly, and find a dry cloth to dry it."