7.8

Avengers: Endgame - Chapter Eight: "Back In Time"

   "OKAY, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony interrupted Steve, sipping his coffee.

"I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott pointlessly added, a small shrug to his shoulders.

"Regardless," Hulk began. "We only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." He spoke, walking up behind from Tony.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in." Tony continued, slowly pacing around the table.

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint added, and Diana nodded, placing her hands on her hips as she stared at the screen.

"We should also pick points in time where multiple have been encountered at once." She suggested, and Tony smirked at her brilliance. 

"Correct." He pointed towards he, winking. Steve playfully rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands in his pocket as he came to a halt at the head of the table.

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" He asked, everyone's heads turning to look at Thor who was sitting in a chair with his sunglasses on. It was impossible to tell whether he was awake or asleep.

"Is he asleep?" Nat questioned, clicking on her pen as she stared at Thor in wonder.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure he's dead."

     "WHERE TO START? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before." Thor corrected, still slightly groggy from having just woken up from a nap. He took his sunglasses off and started to use them to point to the screen.

"It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that." He began to squirt eye drops into his eyes as he spoke. "Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves..." He wriggled his hands to imitate a ghost. "Wooooh, scary beings."

A picture of a woman then appeared on the screen. "So Jane, Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her..." Diana cringed at the words, sharing a glance with Steve to try and decide who should interject first. 

"And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead..." He then started to tear up, and Diana felt immensely bad for him knowing his pain. She began to move around the table to try and help him back to his seat.