On a Very Special Episode...

WandaVision - Chapter Three: "On a Very Special Episode"

'I want to break free!'

'I want to break free!"

The soft sound of the radio brought Diana back to awareness. She slowly opened her eyes, spotting the clock that sat on her bedside table. How did she get here?

'I want to break free from your lies'

Chewing. She heard someone chewing behind her. She snapped her head around, her eyes widening at the man in bed beside her. Steve Trevor.

"Steve...?"

"Pop tarts!" He smiled like it was the most amazing thing in the world. She paused for a brief moment in shock as he continued to ramble on about the food.

"We certainly didn't have these back in the day." He smiled innocently as he finished it off. "I've had like 4 of them. The 80's is awesome!"

The 80's... What?

"Steve..." Diana spoke softly, reaching her hand up to his face. She placed her hand against his slightly aged face. "Are you real?" She gasped as her hands began to move over his soft hair.

"Yes, I believe so." He said, looking down at his body and then back at Diana.

"What's wrong?" He then asked seeing Diana tear up.

"It's been so long." She cried gently, and he immediately grasped her hand. His other, wiping away tears that had fallen.

"I'm just here to make you happy, Diana." He smiled, she returned it, her feeling of happiness extinguishing any doubtful thought she had. She sat up in bed, watching him as he grabbed the pop tart wrappers from the beside table and headed out the room to put it in the trash.

She sat stunned for a moment, a smile gracing her face as she thought to herself.

'But life still goes on'

The radio began to distort as the music slowed down to a sickening and disturbing sound.

'I can't get used to, living without, living without,
Living without you by my side'

Diana stared at the radio, her heart beating fast as the music continued on with its distorted sound. She reached over, her shaking hand slamming the off button. But it started back up again almost immediately after she turned it off.