6.1

★★★★★

Avengers: Infinity War - Chapter One: "Destiny Arrives"

Avengers: Infinity War - Chapter One:  "Destiny Arrives"

"HEAR ME AND REJOICE." The Maw spoke, taking a long step over the dozens of bodies of both innocent Asgardians and Amazons. A high pitched noise was ringing in Diana's ear as she slumped against a wall feeling more drained than ever. Sweat, dirt and tears on her face, the feeling of loss so fresh and wounding. Diana turned her head, wincing as it brought her the slightest of pain. She looked down beside her to see her mother, Hippolyta, who struggled to keep consciousness.

"You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan... You may think this is suffering... No. It is salvation. " Ebony Maw continued, as he brought his hands together in a devious manner, finally coming to a stop.

"Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile..." He continued as another stabbed one of the lingering Asgardians. "For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos." He finished, glancing over to the mad Titan. His silhouette was barely visible, but yet, he still remained intimidating.

"I know what it's like to lose." Thanos spoke as he stared out the same window Diana, Thor and the rest of their people had not 30 minutes before.

"To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." The Titan lifted Thor up by the neck of his chest plate making the God of Thunder struggle feebly.

"It's frightening..." Thanos walked closer towards where Loki stood with the Black Order. The Titan spared a glance at Diana before walking past. "Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say..." He trailed off, holding up the gauntlet.

"I AM."

The power stone flashed a bright violet colour as Thanos harshly lifted up Thor's head to look at his brother.

Thor choked on his own blood before managing to spit out a sentence.

"You talk too much."

Thanos ignored Thor before continuing to speak. "The Tesseract, or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference." The Mad Titan spoke, holding the gauntlet dangerously close to Thors head in hopes of breaking Loki from the inside.

"Oh I do. Kill away." Loki ordered, giving the Titan a smirk.

Thanos looks slightly surprised before he pressed the gauntlet to Thors head. Diana grunted, pushing herself up slightly in worry but Hippolyta grasped her hand making her stay back.

As Thor began to scream hoarsely, Diana grew more angry and worried, her eyes begging for Loki to stop the madness, but her mouth unable to find the words to speak. Her prayers were answered once the God of Mischief noticeably lost his cool only after a few moments.