Now In Colour!

Chapter Two - WandaVision: "Now In Colour!"

She woke up in bed. Alone.

What a horrid dream she had! It was as though her dream had taken her to the future where she had a husband and child. Last time she checked, Diana's been alone since her first boyfriend died in a plane crash.

He was a pilot. A real cocky man who could just about outsmart everybody in a room. Steve Trevor, Diana recalled his name. She never forgot him.

Something's wrong here.

She pushed herself out of bed, wishing just about now she had a loyal husband to make her breakfast. Like Steve Trevor used to do. Diana wasn't great at cooking American food, what a lousy housewife she would be.

Ding dong!

Oh, the doorbell! Diana smoothed down her bed hair and quickly rushed downstairs while putting on her nightgown.

She reached the door and opened it up to be greeted by an unfamiliar face. The woman before her stood a few inches shorter than Diana. She had dark brown hair, and a suspicious glint in her light eyes that un-admittedly made Diana feel uneasy.

Something's not right...

"Hi!" Diana greeted in an American accent, she was almost taken back by the sound of her own voice.

"Hi! I'm Agnes, I live across the road and thought I should welcome you to Westview!" She smiled brightly, and Diana returned her energy.

"Thank you!" Diana smiled, as Agnes held out her hand for a handshake. Diana eagerly shook her hand, wanting to make a good impression.

"My, you are a stunning young lady! And I see no ring on that finger! So what's the story there?" Agnes chuckled, and Diana faltered slightly.

"Well, I guess you can almost call me a widow. My partner passed away a while ago." Diana replied softly, her voice reflecting the way that she felt.

"Oh geez! I'm so sorry for your loss, Diana." Agnes replied with a solemn look, clasping her hands together.

I never said my name...

"I must get going now, dear. But don't forget I'm always across the road if you need anything! Ta-ta!" Agnes closed the door on the way out leaving Diana alone. Again.

Maybe she should explore this new town, make some friends! Although, she was quite unusual. She was a woman who lived alone in a large house. That wouldn't be easy to explain to the locals, but nonetheless, Diana decided to dress up and head out for a walk.