"I have an idea," Warren said stepping forward "But you'll have to trust me"

"I do. Now, let's get this done," I said confidently

"Wait, are we sure this is-" Peter started but was quickly cut off

"Do you want this mission to be successful or not, Peter?" Jubilee yelled at him

"Of course I do" Peter replied, furrowing his brows

"Then let Warren do what he has to do" Scott added

Peter reluctantly nodded and everyone resumed fighting the robots while Warren began leading me to the edge of the building

"Get a running start and when I yell 'go', jump off the building. That should be enough momentum for me to fly us both up there." He instructed

"Warren, are you sure? You're still getting used to your wings and I don't want you to get hurt" I gave him an unsure look

Warren had only been training with his wings for one day, seeing as yesterday we couldn't use our powers. Sure, he had been doing great so far, but the last thing I wanted was for either of us to fall from that high up or for his wings to possibly get damaged.

"Cassidy, do you trust me?" Warren asked, turning to me and putting his hands on my shoulders

"Yes, but-"

"Good. Jump when I give you the signal" he said with a confident look in his eye

Warren then flew up into the air and circled around a bit, leaving me alone on the roof of the building. I pushed away all of my doubts and took a deep breath. I believed Warren and I could do this. The success of our mission depended on it. Once Warren was high enough, he started counting down.

"Ready?" I asked, backing up from the ledge

"Ready" He responded from above "3. 2. 1. " he counted as I started running towards the edge, "GO!" He shouted at the last second

My foot left the edge of the building as I jumped off. I shut my eyes tightly and raised my arms up in the air right after I saw Warren swoop down. Before I could even feel myself falling, he grabbed my wrists and began flying super high up towards the building where the gemstone was located.

"You alright down there?" He asked as we were growing nearer to the building

"Yup," I said, finally opening my eyes and grinning up at him

Even though I had my doubts, Warren really did get us up to the top so we would be able to get the gemstone and complete the mission.

"I told you I wouldn't let you fall," Warren said, chuckling as he finally put me down on top of the building

"I know" I chuckled in response, "Now c'mon, let's get that gemstone,"

I grabbed Warren's hand and led him over to where the gemstone was presented on a podium in a glass case.

"How are we supposed to break through?" I asked, trying to feel around the glass for a soft spot or opening

"Watch out," Warren advised as he reared back his metal wings

I took a step back and he immediately shot two metal blades from his wings. The blades shattered the glass and he reached out, catching the gemstone before it fell.

"Mission completed, gemstone retrieved. Training simulation complete" A robotic voice said as the training center began morphing back to normal. All of the buildings began to lower themselves into the ground as the X-men defeated the last robot together. Once Warren and I were securely back on the ground, the group came up to us and we all shared a high five and a group hug.

"Well done," Uncle X said as he made his way towards us "That was excellent teamwork. I see that all the training has paid off. I am confident that you all are ready to go on a real mission now. Cassidy and Warren, great thinking out there. And good job, Scott for taking on a leadership role. I think you all deserve a little break. That concludes training for today. Now, go enjoy yourselves"

Uncle X watched us walk out of the training center with a big smile on his face.

"That. was. AMAZING!" Jubilee squealed as soon as we were out in the hallway

"I think this calls for a movie night," Peter grinned

"Agreed!" Jean chimed in

"Who's turn is it to pick, anyway?" Scott asked

Normally, each time we watched a movie one of us got to pick, that way the genre was different every time. However, we hadn't watched one in a while and I don't think anyone could remember whose turn it was.

"I think it's mine," Peter said

"Well, it was Jubilee's turn last time," Jean said, recalling the time Jubilee made us watch a classic 80's movie

"Ughhhh, as long as I don't have to watch girly sitcoms again, I'll be fine," Peter jokingly made gagging noises

"Hey, that movie was amazing" Jubilee angrily nudged Peter in the ribs

"Ow!" Peter stopped and rubbed his ribs "That hurt."

"You guys know I'm fine with anything as long as it's not horror," I said, chuckling at Jubilee and Peter's joking around

I absolutely hated horror movies, especially the jumpscares, and the whole team knew it. When we were younger, Peter would hide in random places and then jump out to scare me. I would scream so loud that I'm pretty sure the whole X-Mansion could hear me. He's the main reason why I hate horror movies. Besides, I knew that if I watched a really scary one, I wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night. Not to mention that the whole group would have to listen to me scream at every little scare. At least if Peter was picking the movie, I wouldn't have to worry about it being horror, right? Knowing him, he'd probably either pick a comedy or an action-packed adventure film. But little did I know, I was utterly WRONG.

A/N:

I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter 18 of Archangel! My story has reached #2 in Ben Hardy so a big thank you to everyone who continues to read Archangel. Feel free to vote or comment if you like my story. Have a great day : )

- edited 6/9/20 -