Chapter 8

Just when I was beginning to forget about Warren, he showed up at Pinstack. We locked eyes and his expression saddened.

"Cassidy, are you ok?" Peter asked me, turning around to see what I was looking at

When he saw Warren standing in the back with his arms crossed, Peter scowled

"That son of a-"

"Peter, just let me go talk to him" I cut him off, not in the mood to deal with the mess that he was no doubt about to cause.

He pressed his lips in a thin line and nodded. The rest of the group was looking very concerned at that point, the fun mood completely vanished.

I walked over to Warren, his face lighting up a bit when he saw me. However, it turned back to normal when he saw my aggravated expression.

"Hey," he said while looking down

"I thought you weren't coming" I replied

"I-I wasn't until I realized just how much I screwed up," He said, still not looking at me

"Why don't we both go back to the X-Mansion, and we'll talk about it more then," I said, softening my expression

I knew that I really should have stayed with my friends, but I had never seen him so remorseful before and I could tell he was upset.

I walked over to the group and told them that I needed to bring Warren back to the X-Mansion. Of course, none of them were happy, especially Peter, but they would just have to get over it. I know what it's like to feel like an outsider, and no one should have to go through that alone. Even though he was kind of a jerk earlier, he still cared enough to come find me and make things right.

I was about to leave when Kurt tapped my shoulder.

"Uhm-er- it was nice hanging out with you, Cassidy. I hope to see you again, maybe at lunch, or training"

I smiled back at him "Thanks, Kurt, I had fun too."

I waved goodbye and he waved back. I turned to look at Warren who was glaring directly at Kurt. I was not going to have Warren pick another fight, so I wanted to get him out of here as quickly as possible.

"Ready?" I sighed

Warren nodded and we walked out of Pinstack. I was greeted with the cool night air and wondered how Warren wasn't freezing since he was only wearing his leather jacket and jeans.

After a long walk, since the nurse hadn't cleared Warren to fly yet, we finally arrived back at the X-Mansion. Most of the students were asleep and the hall lights were dimmed. Warren and I walked in silence to our bedroom, neither of us knowing the right thing to say. I sighed and swiped my ID card so we could enter the room. Part of me was still mad at the fact Warren had ruined my Mother's picture, but the other part of me knew it wasn't his fault. I should have kept a better eye on him to make sure he didn't get into any trouble. Like Uncle X said. But I was too worried about hanging out with my friends.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Warren clearing his throat.

"Cassidy, please just give me a chance to explain," He said, sitting down on the bed

I nodded my head. There was no harm in giving him a chance. He patted the spot next to him on the bed and I hesitantly sat down. I noticed that the broken glass was gone from the floor and the alcohol on my window seat had been cleaned up. Warren seemed completely sober now and I was glad that we were getting a chance to talk.

"I-I screwed up big time today, I know. I'm new at this whole...thing. I'm just used to being a massive jerk and killing almost everyone I've ever come in contact with. I made you upset after you've been so nice to me, and I regret what I did, it wasn't right. I cleaned up the glass but I can't find the picture that was in the frame anywhere-"