Chapter 1

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"Uncle Xavier, please! " I begged.

"No, we've gone over this before. I promised your mother that I would keep you safe. This mission is too dangerous." He said sternly, his tone indicating that his decision was final.

"Well, maybe if you let me start training with the X-men, I could prove to you that I'm ready to do this. Please, just give me a chance" I refused to give up my ground.

We had gone over the subject of missions and training a million times. I know one of the reasons he wouldn't let me go was because I was a human and didn't have any powers. But there's no denying that the main reason is my mother's death.
When I was little, my Mom would always let me visit the school, so I grew up around the X-men. Uncle Xavier used to let me train a little bit in combat when my Mom was still alive, but when she died he cut me off completely. I wasn't allowed to train anymore which worked out poorly in my favor because at this age I was supposed to start going on missions. Of course, I knew he was just trying to protect me, but I hated the feeling of uselessness. I wanted to help in whichever way I could.

"No, I'm sorry, but it's not safe. Now, if you want to help you can debrief the X-men on the mission. Here's the file. They should be getting out of training in about 5 minutes. Wait outside for them, and under no circumstance enter the training room. Do you understand me?" he asked while handing me the file with the mission details.

"Yes, Uncle Xavier" I sighed in defeat and walked out of his office.

All of my friends were a part of the X-men, so sometimes he would let me debrief them on their mission and stay on headset with them to communicate in case anything went wrong. However, it just wasn't the same as actually going on missions with them.

The walk towards the training center wasn't very long and it only took me about 2 minutes to get there. It looked like training hadn't quite ended yet, so I decided to watch. I sat down on a bench right outside the center. I could see Peter fighting one of the simulation robots with Jean while Scott and Jubilee fought the other. I smiled when they finally defeated the robots and all shared a group high-five.

I stood up from the bench when I saw them come out of the training facility.

"Hey guys," I called out to them and waved them over to where I was standing "Professor X has a new mission for you, and he sent me to debrief you."

"Cool, where do you want to talk to us about it?" Scott asked.

"Why don't we all go to my room?" I suggested.

One of the perks of being the only human in the mansion was that I got my own private room while everyone else had to share.

Everyone quickly followed behind me, all of us heading towards my room. Once we got there I sat on the bed and Jean sat next to me. Peter sat criss-cross on the floor with Jubilee, and Scott sat on my fluffy white bean bag chair. Once everyone was comfortable I started reading out the file

"OK first off, the location is in East Berlin. It's an underground arena. It looks like they specialize in...cage fights." I said, raising my eyebrow as I read the files.

"Cage fights?!" Jubilee gasped.

Even I knew that cage fights were some of the most dangerous things. It would cause mutants to turn brutal. They would kill anyone to make sure they survive. If the mutants refused to fight they would often be killed or tortured. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even on my worst enemy. No one deserves to go through that kind of pain. No wonder Uncle Xavier didn't want me to go on this mission.

"The mutant you'll be trying to rescue is named Kurt Wagner, but he's known as Nightcrawler. He has the ability to teleport, so it might be difficult to catch him. I think our best bet would be to have Peter and Jean attempt to get him and bring him back to the mansion safely, while Jubilee and Scott make a distraction." I said, explaining to everyone their roles in the mission. "Tomorrow, meet by the jet at noon and don't forget to wear your earpieces so I can communicate with you." I gave them their final instructions.

Everyone nodded and started getting up to leave except Jean. She was one of my best friends at the mansion, and would sometimes read/communicate with me telepathically.

"Professor X won't let you go on this one, huh?" she asked me.

"Nope, he says it's too dangerous" I sighed, not hiding my disappointment.

"He'll let you go at some point. I read his mind earlier and he was thinking about letting you start training again soon. He feels bad that he completely cut you off. Plus, if we do end up getting this new addition, you'll be able to get teleported out of the mission if anything ever gets too dangerous" She gave me a sympathetic smile.

My face lit up at the thought of finally being able to resume my training, and maybe even going on my first mission. Just then, an idea popped into my head: What if I go on this mission and bring Kurt back. I'll finally be able to prove that I'm not useless. Then, uncle Xavier will for sure let me start training.' It was decided, the following day, I was planning to get on that jet and no one was going to stop me.

A/N: 

I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter 1 of Archangel! If you like my story please feel free to vote. Have a great day : )

- edited 4/19/20 -