seven

Fluffing her pillows, Clover climbed into bed with a yawn, tossing her comforter over her body. She pressed play on Netflix, deciding to watch one episode before bed.

It was only about eleven, but she'd had a long day. First, two meetings with clients starting at 6am, and then she got drinks with her friends since it was Friday night. So with a slight buzz, she was ready to sleep.

But as Ethan calls her, that thought goes out the window. "Miss you," he hums, before she can even say hello.

"Well, I'm free right now," she laughs.

"Sadly, I'm not in LA," he lets out a sigh, pacing on the steps of his home in Jersey. His family was asleep inside, so he didn't want to wake them. "But... I know it's a long shot, what're your plans for the weekend?"

Clover opened up her calendar to check. She knew she was free tomorrow, but had a meeting on Sunday evening.

"Why, where are you?" She asked. Did he really want to whisk her out of the city?

"I-I'm visiting family. East coast, baby," he lets out a quiet laugh. "But I'm only a little more than an hour away from New York City, and figured I could fly you out and spend the weekend here with you," no, he wanted to whisk her out of the state.

Her eyes widened at his words. Fly her out to New York? Now?

She'd never gone further than a few hours away with clients before. Never out of state. But she wasn't opposed to doing it for Ethan.

"I'm supposed to meet with a regular on Sunday," Ethan frowned, shoulders slumping. "But fuck it, I'll reschedule. Packing a bag now."

"Thank god. I already booked your flight and hotel room," he chuckles. She immediately protests, "mm-mm. Already done. I was excited! Your flight leaves in an hour an a half, so I'd get to the airport. I'll send you the info. And tell your boss. Pick you up in the morning!"

Clover shook her head with a laugh as he hung up, rushing to get everything together. He couldn't have given her a bit more notice?

It was only a couple of days, she didn't need much, but Clover liked to be prepared. So she may have overpacked a little bit.

She made it to the airport on time though, through security and on the flight no problems. Settling into her cushy first-class seat, she let out a content sigh.

There was no getting around it-Clover was really excited to see Ethan. Lately, he was probably her favorite person.

Not just as a client, but in general. She appreciated every moment spent with him.

As the plane began to take off, Clover felt sleep come over her, dreams of Ethan filling her head. Even though they shouldn't.

She slept for the majority of the flight, which was about five hours. That wasn't too bad-she'd survived off way less. Five hours was decent.

Ethan didn't get much sleep either. He was awake late, obviously, and then had to get up early to drive to the airport. He gave his mom a hug, though he planned to come back later. He assumed that Clover would prefer to have some personal space overnight.

Grayson climbed into the car with him, despite his protests. But he insisted he wanted to see Cameron off.

They were dropping their sister off at the airport to leave, while Ethan was picking up Clover. He, however, did not mention that he was picking her up to either of them.

The twins themselves had a flight back out on Sunday night, and Ethan was bringing Clover with. Grayson was sure to be surprised.

He gets to the airport, hugging his sister as she goes, and then texting Clover immediately. Grayson rolled his eyes.