[e.p.] | new years eve

Imagine: You've been talking to Edmund since he moved to New York City, but haven't started dating yet

Imagine: You've been talking to Edmund since he moved to New York City, but haven't started dating yet. You both attend a New Years Eve Party and when the clock strikes midnight, you share a kiss. :)

__________________________

   When he called me on New Years Eve, I was pouring myself a glass of the reddest wine I had. I hadn't been expecting him to call at all today.

"Hey...?" I answered the phone.

"(Y/N)! Do you remember when I told you about my sister, Susan?" He asked.

"Yes, she lives down the hall from Taylor Swift." I smiled.

"Yes. Well I sort of told her I have a girlfriend." He sighed.

"Are you kidding me?" I chuckled.

"Look, she's having a New Years Eve party and is expecting my girlfriend to be there, but my girlfriend is NONEXISTENT!" He sighed, "Can you please come as my girlfriend?"

"Is this a proposal?" I asked.

"Depends on how the evening goes." He replied cheekily.

"Okay okay, I'll go." I laughed.

"I'll pick you up at 10 okay? That way you can get ready." He said. I looked at the clock, it was 8:15pm.

"Thanks Eddie. I'll see you then." I hung up.

   I was ready at 10pm sharp, wearing a low cut black mini dress with matching black heels. When the car pulled up, an older man got out and opened the door for me.

"Hello Miss (Y/L/N). Mr. Pevensie bids you a good evening." He said.

"And where is Mr. Pevensie?" I asked, getting into the car.

"He headed to Miss Pevensie's estate early in order to see his brother, Peter, whom he has not seen in the last year, Miss." He informed me.

"Oh, well thank you for picking me up." I thanked the driver.

"Mr. Pevensie wanted to retrieve you himself, but I wanted to meet you so I told him I would pick you up." He explained.

"Oh my, well I'm pleased to meet you...Mr..?" I asked.

"Mr. Mandela. Steven Mandela. I've been the Pevensies' butler since Edmund acquired his wealth." He explained.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mandela." I smiled as he began to drive.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss (Y/L/N)." Mr. Mandela replied.

   Within ten minutes I was on the elevator up to Susan's apartment. Mr. Mandela had come with me and helped me at the door because I did not have a key. I entered immediately and Susan's gaze met mine. She was very attractive, a young woman who was much shorter than Edmund yet taller than myself.

"(Y/N)!" Edmund called out to me and then kissed me on the cheek, making me blush, "Can I take your coat my darling?"

"Oh yes please, thank you." I grinned as he removed my jacket.

"You're absolutely riveting." He whispered into my left ear.

"You must be (Y/N)! Ed has told me so much about you." Susan came over and smiled, "A fashion designer?"

"Competing with Chanel, Gucci, and even Tiffany." I smiled.

"Wow. I'm impressed." Susan smiled back.

"I'm going to get (Y/N) a champagne." Edmund smiled.

"I best go with him, Susan." I laughed a little bit.

"Ah I understand. Well, it was nice meeting you." Susan grinned as Edmund and I walked away.

"I love your sister, Eddie." I told him once we reached the kitchen.

"She loves you too, (Y/N)." He said as he poured me a glass of champagne.

"29,28,27-"

"Shut up Jean!"

"I guess it's almost 2020..." I laughed.

"(Y/N) I don't want to shock you, but I love you." Edmund said.

"Eddie..."

"It's okay, you don't have to say it back if you don't feel it. After all we're just friends and-" Edmund rambled on and I could hear the countdown beginning.

"3,2,1!"

   I cut Edmund off with a New Years kiss. He kissed back immediately and we stood there for all of fifteen seconds enjoying the first few seconds of the new decade. We pulled away and he looked at me in shock.

"I love you too, Edmund." I smiled.

   I didn't know what would happen next, all I knew was that Edmund and I would be braving whatever 2020 threw at us, together. And I couldn't wait.