[e.p.] | she saved me

REQUESTED BY:  @gayandfairycore

(y/n) is a badass and she fights in the war with the Pevensies. She and Edmund are oblivious to each other's feelings until he almost dies and she saves him. 

"Mama?" My daughter asked as I carried her into her bedroom for the evening.

"Yes, my love?" I asked her, placing her on her bed.

"How did you meet Daddy?" She asked. 

   I looked at her, her blue eyes gleaming just like my husband's. I looked at the reflection in her bedroom mirror and saw my husband's tall figure standing just outside the frame of her bedroom door. I smiled to myself and sat down next to her, my legs crossed under me. 

"Well, it's a long story, I don't know if you'd want to hear it," I said.

"No, Mama! I do!" She protested.

"Alright, darling. It all began almost fourteen years ago," I smiled remembering it.

14 years ago

I was 15 when my parents sent me to Narnia for a diplomacy visit. It was well known that the country had been governed by a woman named Jadis, the White Witch. She had entranced the country into eternal winter. Yet when I arrived on horseback, I saw that the land was thawed from this mythical freeze. I was taken to a tent where King Aslan was.

"Your majesty," I began to take a knee but he asked me to rise.

"Princess (y/n)," He said, "why have your parents sent you here? Do they not know of Jadis's reign of eternal winter?"

"They do, your majesty." I replied, "I was sent to check on the state of the country. Why is Narnia thawed?"

"Two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve have arrived in Narnia and are sooner to fill a prophecy to return Narnia to its glory," Aslan said.

"Will there be a fight?" I asked.

"There is always a fight, my dear," He sighed, "Will you stay and fight it?"

"Yes, your majesty," I nodded. 

   Nearly four days later, the Pevensies arrived. They were the sons and daughters that Aslan had discussed. However, only three had arrived: two girls and one boy. The next day, another boy arrived. His eyes were of seafoam and his hair was darker than the night sky. Aslan had warned all of us to stay away from the boy, and so we all did. 

   But one evening late in the night, I had been in my tent minding my business and humming an old Narnian tune I had learned at the camp fire. My tent was opened and I turned to meet his gaze. He was particularly tall for his age and especially charming.

"Princess," He said.

"Hello," I said.

"I'm Edmund Pevensie," He said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my braided hair over my right shoulder.

"Introducing myself," He said.

"It's nearly three o'clock in the morning," I said.

"And?" He asked.

"It's rather rude to barge into a woman's chambers at such an hour for a simple introduction," I stated.

"Are you implying I am here for impure reasons?" He asked.

"I would never imply such a thing! I'm offended you'd even say such a thing." I gasped.