[e.p.] | what war did to us

Imagine: You were taken captive, beginning a war between Narnia and Archenland

Imagine: You were taken captive, beginning a war between Narnia and Archenland. When Edmund finds you, you're barely recognizable.

Warnings: Mentions of kidnapping, abuse, and war. Please do not read this imagine if you have any issues with these mentioned things. If you have concerns about any of these things you may be triggered by these things, please avoid this imagine. Thank you. 

   War was the only thing the Pevensies had ever feared. It had once ripped them from their mother and ruined their relationship with their father. It had almost made Peter a bloody alcoholic. It had made Susan develop such severe anxiety she couldn't care for anyone, not even herself. It had destroyed everything.

   But for Edmund and I, it created our love for one another. The Pevensies began to stay with a gentleman named Professor Kirke, who happened to be my great-uncle and my only living relative. The war had taken its toll on me and destroyed all that I had known and loved. I used to take harp lessons and sing when my brother played the piano. I used to stand in the kitchen and watch the roses bloom and the cars go by. But all of that was gone now.

   When the Pevensies arrived, I did not know it because I was in the study that adjoined my room and the room that had remained uninhabited for probably twenty years. And I did not know my great-uncle had invited visitors. My first encounter was with Edmund Pevensie in the same study I found myself in that day. It was the next day and I was in a hurry to find a book about the Greek language before breakfast was served downstairs. 

   When I found the book, I turned and saw the boy standing there. His blue eyes were glinting in that morning sunlight and his ebony hair shined like obsidian. He smiled when he saw me and I stood there in shock.

"I wasn't aware someone as lovely as you lived here." He smiled.

"I wasn't aware that anyone else but I lived here," I replied with a bit of a laugh.

"Well, my mother sent me and my siblings here to get away from the war," Edmund explained.

"Oh. I was sent here because of the war, too. Except I'll probably be here long after that." I answered. He nodded knowingly, "Goodness, where are my manners? I'm (y/n) (y/l/n)."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss (y/l/n)." I extended my hand and he took it and bestowed a kiss upon it, "I'm Edmund Pevensie."

   And it was from there that Edmund and I become well-acquainted and ventured to Narnia where he and I and all of his siblings became Kings and Queens of Narnia. It was after that fateful day that Edmund and I began officially dating. And we were happy and at peace for once. But that did not last for very long.

   It just so happened that the King of Archenland was destined to take a wife in some amount of time. As Queens, Susan, Lucy, and I were all on the line to become Queen of Archenland beside this King of Archenland. All of us opted not to become involved, however, which angered the King of Archenland. 

   When August came in a swift motion like that of the mountain winds, Edmund and I were to say goodnight to one another. Because we were not eighteen or married, we were not allowed to share a chamber suite, which I understood. Edmund ran his fingers through my long, brunette hair and then grabbed me and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

"(y/n)," He whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too, Edmund." I smiled and kissed him again.

   Eventually, I surrendered to my chambers for the evening. Had I not surrendered to my chambers, I probably would have been safe and they would have taken someone else. But in the middle of the night, members of the Archenland army stormed the castle and took me hostage. I screamed, but no one heard me over the commotion.   

   When I got to Archenland, they first asked me to share the secrets of Narnia and I refused. They did unspeakable acts in an attempt to get me to spill what I knew. I still said nothing. They eventually gave up and threw me in the dungeon. I was taken out of the freezing cold dungeons a few times to visit with the King of Archenland. 

   The first time was terrible. He came to me and began taunting me, explaining that no one was ever coming to save me and that I was going to be in Archenland forever. Then he said I would learn to love him. It was at this that I could not remain quiet.

"I will never love you," I answered, tears staining my eyes.

   At this, the King slapped me and explained that women do not speak unless they're spoken to. I was taken back to the dungeon after that and was left to my own devices once more. He forced me to visit him a few more times, but the worst time was the last time he forced me to meet with him.

   He explained to everyone in attendance that he wanted his future wife to be perfect for him and in his eyes. I did not understand what he meant, but I did when I was forced to sit in front of a mirror and watch a lady in waiting cut my hair. She trimmed it into a short bob that resembled the one Lucy sported as a child. I cried and cried and cried until I couldn't feel anything anymore.

   But soon, my suffering ended. There had been a war raging between Archenland and Narnia for however long I had been gone. Narnian soldiers and the Kings and Queens stormed the castle at Archenland. Edmund split from the group and immediately came to the dungeon where I was half frozen to death. 

   When he saw me, he began to sob and so did I. He picked the lock on the dungeon door with one of the bobby pins I'd used to leave on his bedside table. When the door was open, I leaped into his warm arms. He held me and then began to run his fingers through my short hair, making me sob even harder.

"(y/n)..." He sobbed, "look at me, baby."

   And so I did. And he looked at me with those ocean blue eyes. He looked at me like I was still the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. And he kissed me. Peter, Susan, and Lucy came to the dungeon soon after and helped me get back to Narnia. Peter had killed the King of Archenland, Narnia had won the war, and everyone was saved from an evil dictator. 

   After this horrific event, Edmund and I never left one another's side. I stayed in his chambers most evenings and even into the next year when Edmund and I would officially be eighteen, we shared his chamber. Eventually, he and I would be married, but we knew we couldn't get married so young. We still had a lot to figure out in our relationship before we embarked on a martial journey. 

   Despite the horrible things war had done to us, we still had one another. And no one could steal that from us.