[p.c] | how i really feel

REQUESTED BY: @swara768 

Caspian and (y/n) have been friends for a very long time and she loves him dearly, however, he doesn't know because he believes he is in love with Susan Pevensie. While on the Dawn Treader, (y/n) puts her life in danger to save Caspian's and he realizes his feelings were never for Susan, his feelings were for (y/n).

I had known Caspian since we were children. I had worked in his castle as a young girl and we'd met one evening when his Uncle was scolding him in the great hall. He'd cried for a very long while after and I had comforted him until near dawn. It was there that our friendship was born. When his kingdom and his life were threatened by his Uncle years down the road, I realized I had fallen in love with him.

He left the castle one evening and I was stuck there with no way out. One evening he returned on a raid and got everyone out that he could. He even tried to kill his Uncle, but couldn't bring himself to do it. We left together that evening and I learned upon returning to his new campground that he had met and fallen in love with High Queen Susan of Narnia's Golden Age. I was crushed but still supported his romantic endeavor. I myself had a brief romance with Peter Pevensie, Susan's older brother. We ended up deciding we should just be friends.

The Pevensies ended up leaving Narnia after Caspian had recovered his kingdom and his crown.  Susan and Peter would not be returning to Narnia and that was the way it had to be. Caspian tried to persuade her to stay in Narnia, but she refused. It broke his heart. When they left, Caspian asked for my guidance in planning a voyage to the Lone Islands and beyond to look for the seven lords who had been sent to explore the lands beyond the Eastern Ocean. A year after the Pevensies left we set sail together.

On our journey, we were reunited with Lucy and Edmund, who somehow appeared in the middle of the ocean with their cousin, Eustace. Edmund and Caspian constantly fought as did Edmund and Eustace. Upon our journey, we encountered a star called Lilliandil, daughter of Ramandu. Edmund and Caspian were both quite taken with her. 

"You must go there to that cave," She had said.

"Thank you, Lilliandil," Caspian hadn't taken his dreamy eyes off of her for a single second. I rolled my eyes and she extended her hand and he kissed it.

"Who is this?" She had asked, turning to me. Both the boys looked at me and then back to her.

"That's just (y/n)," Edmund said.

"She's a friend," Caspian spoke.

"She is quite beautiful, is she not?" Lilliandil smiled at me.

"Not as beautiful as you," Edmund spoke.

"You are a marvel," Caspian confirmed.

   When we got back to the Dawn Treader, all they talk about was who Lilliandil had fancied more. As all of their conversations had, this one turned into a ridiculously heated argument. Lucy was on the boat when we returned, writing a journal log for the day's events.

"She liked me more!" Edmund shouted.

"With your huge forehead?" Caspian laughed, "She obviously liked me better."

"Are you guys seriously fighting over a star?" Lucy snickered.

"YES!" They yelled at the same time.

"We need to go to that cave there," I told her. 

"I'll get us there," Caspian said.

   Caspian began to steer the boat towards the cave, which had gloomy fog with lime green lighting inside of it. Lilliandil had explained in our encounter that the cave held everyone's greatest fears, demons, and dirty pasts. She had warned to be careful and had even said many men before had met with her then died in the cave due to shipwrecks.

   We got into the cave smoothly enough and it was intensely dark. I looked at Lucy who had stopped her journaling at that point. It was eerily quiet and the crew was whispering among one another. I looked up at Caspian, who showed no signs of fear or disdain.

"Cas," I said, "maybe we should turn around while we still can."

"You know we have to do this, (y/n)," He replied.

"We don't hav-" I began but it suddenly became loud and eery sounds filled the atmosphere. 

   Ghosts and what appeared to be demons all crowded our boat and poked individually at people. As if by some demonic force, Caspian lost control of the boat and we were in an uproar of a rainstorm when moments before we had been out in the sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. Caspian was fighting with something as everyone ran around. I gasped and ran up to the upper deck to help him. I drew my sword and pushed Caspian out of the way, receiving a stab in my stomach as I did. I winced and stabbed back. The creature disappeared. 

"He will never love you," I heard as I fell to the ground. I looked up and saw Susan Pevensie's angelic, ghostly face staring back down at me.

"Leave me," I said softly, holding onto my stomach where I'd been stabbed as red blood gushed out.

"He loved me," She said, "you were never good enough. You were never thin enough. He loved the thinness in my waist. Remember how he used to snake his hand around that waist? And how he kissed my lips when we'd won the war. You will never get that from him." 

"BEGONE!" I yelled. And just like that, she disappeared into thin air. I felt myself go unconscious and all I could think of was Caspian. Was he safe? Was he alive? Was he okay?

   Caspian saw me fall and was dragged away by Edmund to help win the fight. The darkness disappeared and we were out on the open ocean again, there were flowers covering the entire surface of the water all around us. Caspian ran back to my body, which was motionless on the upper deck. 

"Oh, (y/n)," He said, tears coming to his eyes, "it was you I had feelings for, never Susan or Lilliandil. How could I be so blind?"

   Lucy came to his side, tears in her eyes too. He held me and began to cry. Lucy tapped his shoulder and gave her flask of healing cordial. He smiled and then placed the cordial on my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw him, felt his arms around me.

"Cas?" I said, a smile forming on my lips. He embraced me and held onto me for a while.

"(y/n)," He said, "I-I have feelings for you."

"What? I thought your feelings were for Susan or for Lilliandil," I replied.

"I was so convinced they were that I missed what was in front of me all along. I love you, (y/n)," He said.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear you say that," I grinned and kissed him.