Possible

Back at home, Summer shuts his front door, exhausted.

He spent the rest of his day after going to the ice cream parlour at the Marur household, tip toeing around Tommy, even though they seem to be on equal ground and both got some closure.

Summer dosnt want to think about his feelings right now, but when he got into his shower, he had nothing else to do. He still hasn't figured out whether what he's feeling for Tommy is a crush, because he barely knows the guy, and plus, he never had a crush on a guy before.

The fact that he might like a boy dosnt bother him. It's just that this is new territory, he dosnt know how to handle it.

After getting soap in his eye, he was blessed with an epiphany. Summer could just, spend more time with Tommy, to figure if he liked him or not. He dosnt just want to leave this theory that might be bisexual in the air, he wants to reach out and grab it both hands.

Yeah, Summer thought, drying his hair like it's a wet puppy, I'll just hang out with him more.

He remembered that he got Tommy's phone number whilst he was out with him today, albeit with a lot of stutters, an embarrasing joke and glowing red cheeks (from both boys) but he got it.

Staring at his conflicted eyes in the reflection of his black phone screen, Summer contemplated texting Tommy right now, when he had the courage and the adrenaline to do it.

Hey Tommy! It's me Summer, u wanna hang out tommorow?

Hey Tommy! It's me Summer, u wanna hang out with me and Nick tommorow?

This is Summer, u wanna hang out?

Hi, today was fun!

Summer thought of as many ways to enter a conversation, trying his fucking best to come up with something good, at least nothing creepy.

"Ugh, what the fuck?" Summer whispered, his head was in his hands, rubbing his eyes with his palms. He hated this.

Summer never liked crushes. Ever since year nine when he had a crush on a quiet girl in his English class that was just so sweet, Summer decided he dosnt like candy. He hated the mind games that he basically played with himself when he contemplated different situations, and fantasised about any possibly good outcome.

When Summer said this was just an infatuation, he meant it. He dosnt even know if it is an infatuation, he's trying to figure it out right now.

And that was the point where it all went to hell. Because right then and there, when Summer realised that he wanted this to be an infatuation, a crush, was when he realised he had feelings. Was when he realised he wanted something good out of this, and he will almost certainly get fucking crushed with the outcomes.

Summer's eyes widened as the jigsaw puzzles clicked together, and filled up with tears. Biting his lip, and covering his mouth because he didn't want to wake up his brothers with the sounds of his sobs, and cried silently.

This was meant to be a good summer. This summer was meant to be iconic, the weeks filled to the brim with alcohol and laughter, and he knew instead it was going to be filled with possible heartbreak and sobbing.

But what stopped his from halting his feelings and making a u-turn back to his safe space, was the possible.

This could possibly be good. But his tears didn't want to listen.

Eventually, Summer decided to put the phone down, lay his head on his flat pillow and shut his tired, swollen eyes. He could think it all through tommorow, he'll sort it all out.

Because of course he'll sort it out. It's Summer.

The next morning, Tommy was awake by the sound of the vacuum marching up and down the hallway, the polish radio that his mum recently discovered playing on max volume, with his mum whistling along.

He sighed, and checked the time. 1:26 pm. And sighed again.

Summer always did this to him. If he wasn't spending his days focusing on his studies and trying to actually make them gradeable, his mind decided to keep his awake during he night, watching and reading things he could do perfectly fine in the mornings if he got up earlier.

Having the last of his stretches, Tommy sat up in his bed. He'd fallen asleep watching a new series on Netflix, crumbs lettered like stars on his dark hoodie. His soft pyjama bottoms weren't soft anymore, as he spilt numerous amounts of liquids on them during his nightly endeavours.

The sun was littered in stripes on his old yellow carpet, making the clothes on it glow. Tommy was shook from his drowsiness when the vacuum suddenly stopped, and decided it was time to head outside for food.

"Tomek! Nareśce się obudziłeś! Na stole jest stare śniadanie." Tommy pulled his lips into a smile. Finally you woke up! Was it such a surprise? That he woke up this late?

His mum gave his a kiss on his cheek and waved him off, wanting to carry on with cleaning. "Dzenkuje," Tommy thanked, in his weird polish accent that was dulled down over the years of living in England, and squeezed past the vacuum and the railing to go downstairs.

Whilst he was chewing on his off brand Lucky Charms, he suddenly remembered that he had received Summer's phone number the day before, and flushed pink.

He's been so awkward. Everything's been awkward. Even his own room and clothes seemed to become stiff and heard to keep eye contact with.

He fetched his phone out of his hoodie pockets and looked through his short contact list, finding Summer's which had a picture of his winking face and his finger guns as his picture. Tommy had to suppress a giggle so his Dad wouldn't look up from his book.

Maybe he should text him. But he only just got his phone number yesterday, would it be weird?

But he didn't have to think about it, he almost jumped six feet in the air when his phone vibrated, notifying him with a text,

Hey, it's Summer

His voice hitched with holding back a squeal, running up the stairs with his toast shoved in his mouth, shutting the door.

And feeling grateful that his mum was still vacuuming the hallway as he almost screamed to let some of the heat from his cheeks into his surroundings.