Sleepover

"Ugh what the fuck," Holly yelled, rubbing the messed up eyeliner from her eye once again.

"I can never get this right for some goddamn reason." She announced to Danielle, who was lying on her pastel pink bed, reading.

Danielle was pulled out of her book by the exclamation, a chuckle rumbling through her throat. "You know, you swear a whole lot more than you should." She announced.

"Well, whoever thinks so can go fuck themselves." Holly giggled.

"Seriously? Obviously you'd reply like that your Holly."

Holly tried around from her mirror with one eye lined. "What you tryin to say bitch?" Even with the threat, she still had a smile on her face when she looked at the dark haired girl on her bed.

Danielle's eyes widened in mock fear, "oh no! Holly Barkley is gonna beat me up! Whatever will I do!?" Danielle's hands were in her hair, red faced from trying not to break character.

"Don't act like you wouldn't like me to," Holly replied, rolling her eyes, "kinky whore."

"Hey! Stop exposing me!" Danielle whined, standing up from the bed to sit down by Holly, watching her put of her makeup effortlessly.

Danielle always admired her for being so good at makeup. Holly's eyeshadow was always perfectly blended and her long eyelashes looked almost perfect when she curled them.

But what made her frown was when she started hiding her freckles. Holly's dyed blonde hair that she loved running her hands through was hiding the red underneath, she said it made her face look like a tomato.

But what Holly really thought was that she always looked like a tomato, because she always thought of how it would feel to kiss Danielle.

How it would feel to smooth down her shirt after they did something explicit, how it would feel if she put their foreheads together and whisper those three words.

Danielle has been in her mind this way ever since year eight, where her brain suddenly wanted to declare her sexuality. Danielle knows about her being gay, the whole group knows. She wasn't denying it.

But after she kissed all the girls that wanted to kiss her too, she was left with wanting wanting to only kiss the girl in front of her.

"Do my makeup." Danielle suddenly announced, yanking Holly out of her self-induced sadness.

"What?" Holly asked, she wasn't sure if she heard her right.

"Can you do my makeup next?" Danielle asked, feeling like a child asking her mother for a sweet. Her hands were on her knees, rubbing her thighs in her nerves.

Holly laughed, "Sure, babe. I'll do your makeup." Holly went back to applying her eyeliner, filling in the little triangle and then, she was done.

"After we make the cookies though, 'cus I. Am. Hungry." Holly said, standing up from her sitting position on the floor, hair landing in her face.

Danielle stood up quickly, brushing Holly's hair out of her face, grabbing her hand and pulling her down the stairs to Holly's large, cozy kitchen.

Holly was thankful for putting on foundation, but could only hope that it covered her blushing cheeks. Danielle was holding her hand.

She wished they could do that in another way.

Back in Holly's room, with a plate of cookies and flour on their shirts, the girls sat on the bed watching a show Danielle could barely focus on, because Holly was just so close.

She could smell her shampoo goddammit. Her crooked nose which always had blackheads on it was just a few inches away from her lips, and she wanted to peck it, goddamit.

But Danielle just gulped down her saliva and looked away, hiding her face with her hair trying to actually pay attention to the show before she remembered what they were gonna do.

"Makeup!" Danielle said, sitting up, moving herself away from Holly before she did something she is sure she would regret.

"Huh?" Holly asked daydreamingly. She, for once, was actually interested in the show.

"You were gonna do my makeup?" Danielle's eyes were gleaming too much for Holly not to look straight at them, making Danielle look away, hiding her face again.

Holly paused the show and laughed at Danielle's childish mannerisms, gathered all her makeup from the floor and put them onto her bed.

"Okay, you twat, I'll do your fucking makeup." Holly said, fake exasperated, but smirking Danielle.

They've done this before, many times on their weekly sleepovers, the exact same way each time. Danielle asks for Holly to do it, and Holly always complies.

But this time there was something different. Danielle could feel the anxiety in her stomach more than other times. Her eyes kept flicking back and forth between Holly's concentrated eyes and her full lips, slightly chapped from licking them all the time.

She kept fiddling with her fingers, when Holly held the back of her head to move it to blend the eyeshadow properly, commanding her to look up when she was doing her mascara.

Kinky whore.

"Holly?" Danielle said.

"Hm?"

"Kiss me?"

Holly's hand stopped smearing the dark purple lipstick onto her crush's lips, and brought her head back to look at Danielle's eyes.

"Please?"

Using the hand on the back of Danielle's head, Holly brought their foreheads together, breath hitching and stomach pulled.

"Are you sure?" She asked in her thickened Irish accent, but she only needed to look into Danielle's eyes once more to have the answer.

Danielle's lips stood still for a few awkward seconds, in shock that her crush for almost two years now was kissing her.

But she came over the shock almost immediately, reaching to hold Holly's face in her hands, and moved her lips.

Holly could taste the cookies they made in her breath but she was sure Danielle could too, and it only made her more desperate, more needy, more, more, more.

They came apart for breath, only until Danielle came back for a peck on her nose, and Holly started all over again.

They weren't thinking about the conversation that would happen after wards, or that they would probably have to tell their friends.

But they weren't bothered right now, now everything was hot. It was right.