37. It's Hard To Say Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"A mistake? How could you deem that night of
passion as a mistake? Michael, you came over in
my time of need because you still lov—"

Immediately, I cut her off. "No..no...NO! I came over with the intention of trying to calm your irrational ass behavior down! You called me crying and threatening how you were going to kill yourself if I didn't come. So I DID!"

I was now breathing heavily and fuming with anger.

"I came because I didn't want to feel guilty if you actually hurt yourself, but maybe I should've just let you fucking end it all! Save me the fucking stress of knowing that I wouldn't be inclined to your antics any fucking longer! You...You took advantage of me, and you know that you did."

Lily began to yell, "I DID NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU!"

"I CAME OVER TO HELP YOU, AND YOU GOT ME DRUNK. YO, COERCED ME WITH THREATS OF ENDING IT ALL IF YOU COULDN'T HAVE ONE LAST TIME WITH ME, SO GUESS WHAT I DID. I STUPIDLY GAVE YOU ONE LAST NIGHT, AND NOW I WILL BE PAYING FOR IT FOREVER!"

Lily continued to yell at me against the other line, but eventually, everything she said just came out one ear and through the other. I had enough of her loud and ignorant banter. I was over this shit, and I meant it this time. If Lily ever called me again with threats of self-harming, then I would just let her fucking do it.

I hated her.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME!?" She yelled.

"Lily, don't fucking call me again. I hate you with all
of my heart, and I wish you would fucking take the burden off of my back and die already." Lily's cries meant nothing to me anymore. She could cry me a river. All I would do was get on a boat and sail away.

She meant nothing to me.

Nothing.

"This will be the last time you ever hear from me again. The last fucking time."

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU HANG UP ON ME I
WILL FUCKI—" I clicked the phone back against
the hook. Her meaningless threats didn't have any relevance to me any longer. I was done.

Abhaya

I stood before Ricky's home with my heart beating
out of my chest. I didn't know why I was here, to begin with. I mean, I foolishly gave Ricky up but here I was, hoping that he would open his heart up to me one more time. I wouldn't let him down. Not this time.

I continuously knocked on his door until I heard
the front door being unlocked and pulled open.

I tried to think of every possible thing I could say
to Ricky within a matter of seconds, but my thoughts seemed  to come to a halt when Ricky's mother
greeted me.

She smiled at me through the screen door before opening it. Her eyes were red and teary as if she had been crying. "Abhaya!" She said chirpily as she wiped the tears from her eyes. She sniffled a bit.

Ricky's mom was one of the sweetest women I had ever come to know. She was always a happy person even though she went through so many harsh times.