31. Frenemies

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

Three Weeks Later

Janet squinted her little eyes at Michael as he
sat on the edge of her bed.

In her hands held a bottle of foundation that was
three shades too light for Michael's skin complexion,
a powder brush, and some eyeliner. Ever since Michael was released from the hospital, which was a week and a half ago, Janet had been using her brother as a muse with all the old makeup Latoya didn't want and let her have. Janet thought Michael had the perfect face for makeup because it was so bruised up and discolored.

Most of Michael's wounds were healing. His eyes weren't swelled up any longer, but his left one was a mix of a purplish-green. There was a cut on the side
of his face that would probably be a forever scar as it faded with time. He also had a big gash in the back of his head from when it was hit against the concrete.

That wound was healing as well, but no one could
see it because of his hair that covered it.

"Okay, Michael! Go look in the mirror and tell me what you think." Janet said, hoping that her brother would like the newest face she just made for him.

Michael slightly smiled at his little sister before
slowly rising from her bed.

He braced himself for what he was about to see because he knew it wasn't going to be a pretty sight. Michael had been letting his sister decorate his face just because he didn't want to tell her no.

It was hard to tell Janet no; she was just so adorable.

Michael had been basically on home rest since
he was released from the hospital. His mother didn't
want him to go much of anywhere until his wounds looked more completely healed, which they were now.