17. The Five Tarots

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

A name that can bring you butterflies can also
bring you bees. And no, not the ones that just steal sweet nectar from a flower, but the ones that are on a mission to sting. To hurt you. Most times, you don't want to realize that you're getting stung by someone you love. Abhaya was one of those people who didn't want to know it until it became impossible to ignore.

Michael had been letting her down continuously,
and it felt never-ending. He had been playing with her feelings for almost a month now, and she was tired.

She was tired of this ongoing cycle of nothingness. Every kiss, every word, every touch would lead back
to nothingness. Abhaya gave Michael her blood.

She let him rip her open, and it still led back to absolutely nothing. She was so tired, but the truth of the matter is that her exhaustion meant nothing. It meant nothing to her heart. Her heart wasn't going to give up on Michael though her mind said otherwise.

What she just encountered with Michael was a sign.

A sign for her to stop wearing her heart against her sleeve for him. Was she going to take that sign?

More than likely not. You see, love has its way of lingering around when it shouldn't.

It stays after the arguments, after the screams,
after the tears, and after the exhaustion.

It stays.

So, she found herself in a grey area.

Her hand was against her chest; Feeling the urge to
rip her heart out so she could no longer feel the pain she felt, which was way worse than a bleeding nose. Salty secretions of warm liquid continued to escape from the corners of her eyes.

Her tears were endless and would soon create a river of misery that she would likely drown herself in.

Abhaya never felt so low in her entire life. The fact
that it was love making her feel this way was entirely baffling for her. Love was supposed to be nourishing, but it only seemed  to drain her of everything she had to offer.

"Make it stop...please make it stop." She mumbled
to herself as she talked to the man above. She asked him to relieve the weight on her chest.

It was becoming too heavy, and she felt as if it
was going to cave in. After about five minutes,
she stopped calling out to the man above.