13: Love Scheme 2: The Third Kiss

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

Abhaya slanted the left side of her body as she held a glossy red phone next to her ear.

She had a strawberry twizzler hanging from between her lips, snacking on the red licorice as she listened
to her sister's thoughts on what happened between her and Michael last night.

"Yeah, that nigga was jealous. I can't believe he
said not you when you asked about that other bitch he's dealing with."

Abhaya tugged at the bottom of her twizzler while she chewed at the top, ripping a piece off with her teeth.

"Exactly! He's such a prick. But I made him so jealous last night, girl; it was hilarious. I'm trying to figure out what to do next!"

Mohini hummed in a thinking matter before responding to her little sister. "I think you should do something that revolves around sex appeal. Make him desire you but don't give in easily if he cracks."

The front door opened, and Angel waltzed inside
with two coke bottles. She sauntered over to Abhaya and handed her one, "Thanks!" Abhaya said with graciousness as she took the Coke from her hands.

"You're welcome; who ya on the phone with?" Angel slid her feet out of the black sandals she wore before plopping down against her rather uncomfortable bed.

"Mohini!"

"Ahhh, tell hini I said hello!" Mohini heard Angel
on the other side of the line, "Hey Angel, I can hear you, girl." Abhaya leaned up against the headboard before twisting the cap off her Coke.

"So, sex appeal? Do you mean like clothing or..?" Abhaya needed further elaboration.

"Mmm, yes! Wear something sexy that shows
off your womanly assets. Also, switch up your mannerisms a bit. Buy an ice cream cone, and if you can, make eye contact with him as you seductively tongue the ice cream cone down. Give him something to think about a girl like that mouth of yours."

Mohini laughed on the other line as Abhaya rolled her chocolate brown eyes.

The idea seemed a little cringeworthy to her, but it
was her sister advising, so she was going to run with it.

"See, I like the idea, but I don't want Michael to only look at me sexually. I want him to fall for me."

"Abhaya, you and Michael have been friends since middle school. He loves you, but there has to be some type of sexual chemistry if you want him to fall for you. Men are sexual beings; it's just in their nature."